Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:00 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 So you want a "Carry Badge"? 
 Post subject: Re: So you want a "Carry Badge"?
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:57 pm 

Why do they even sell these things? I see other bail enforcement agents with the cute little bail enforcement agent badges as well. My answer as to why i don't carry or display a badge is that I do. It is the arrest warrant. It is a personal thing, but I do not feel the need to portray that I am something that I am not. I am not a cop. I have friends that are. And they earn those badges everyday. The same goes for my carry badge. It is my permit that sits behind my DL in my wallet. I guess common sense is not so common.

Judo, Jujitsu, MMA Instruction
www.mnprotectiveservices.com
www.mncombat.com

Post subject: Re: So you want a "Carry Badge"?
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:39 pm 

Oddly enough I had a skip tracer at my door a couple weeks ago and she had some sort of BS badge. There was some much text on the thing I knew that she wasn't a cop but I couldn't read the thing to figure out who she was with, there had to be six lines of text on it and no seal. So I was a little put off before she even spoke then she starts trying to look around me as she asked if this was number xxxxx since the condos are marked on the garage rather then the front door, she had a BS address. After that i quite listening to here and just answered nope until she quite asking.
Once she left I was a little pissed at myself since i answered the door when I saw the BS badge in the window Since my whole life I answered the door without thinking when the doorbell rings (a little pavonionan I guess). It didn't register that it was BS until I already had the door open. Maybe that's why they wear them, just a bit of confusion and inference of police authority, cause it sure didn't get her any cooperation.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.