Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:04 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Monte Carlo Bar & Cafe bans guns 
 Post subject: Monte Carlo Bar & Cafe bans guns
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 1:26 pm 

Tried to get a reservation there to celebrate my wedding. After making the reservation, I asked if they were posted, and the woman said they were. I asked her if they would ever reconsider this and she said "Are you kidding me?" After that she became kind of hostile and terminated the conversation.

Pity, we all like to eat there, but 3 of the 6 of use carry so it's definitely not an option anymore.

You can call them at (612) 333-5900.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 1:34 pm 
Longtime Regular

Maybe speak to the owner or manager, unless you were.
Maybe they'd like to know about the business they just lost. At the very least they should know about the snippy attitude you got.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:02 pm 

Yeah they lost a party of 6 tonight...plus all of our future business. I've got better things to deal with today :)

I often liken having a carry permit to being Black in the Old South....

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Monte Carlo Bar & Cafe
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 3:20 pm 
The Man

Erik_Pakieser wrote:
Tried to get a reservation there to celebrate my wedding. After making the reservation, I asked if they were posted, and the woman said they were. I asked her if they would ever reconsider this and she said "Are you kidding me?" After that she became kind of hostile and terminated the conversation.

Pity, we all like to eat there, but 3 of the 6 of use carry so it's definitely not an option anymore.

You can call them at (612) 333-5900.

Felicia, when calling to make reservations, usually makes a reservation and then asks something like, "You don't have any of those silly NO-GUNS signs, do you?"

Makes it kind of embarrassing for them to say that they do. I very much admire that formulation.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:29 pm 

Has something changed? I thought we were not allowed to carry in bars? Or maybe that was, you were not allowed to consume alcohol in bars while carrying. Somebody help me!

Ham Lake

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:17 pm 
Longtime Regular

Nope, Carrying in a bar is fine, here is the relivant law:

624.7142 Carrying while under the influence of alcohol or a controlled substance.

Subdivision 1. Acts prohibited. A person may not carry a pistol on or about the person's clothes or person in a public place:

(1) when the person is under the influence of a controlled substance, as defined in section 152.01, subdivision 4;

(2) when the person is under the influence of a combination of any two or more of the elements named in clauses (1) and (4);

(3) when the person is knowingly under the influence of any chemical compound or combination of chemical compounds that is listed as a hazardous substance in rules adopted under section 182.655 and that affects the nervous system, brain, or muscles of the person so as to impair the person's clearness of intellect or physical control;

(4) when the person is under the influence of alcohol;

(5) when the person's alcohol concentration is 0.10 or more; or

(6) when the person's alcohol concentration is less than 0.10, but more than 0.04.

etc...

http://www.revisor.leg.state.mn.us/stats/624/7142.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:21 pm 
Longtime Regular

The legal limit for alcohol was lowered to .08% on August first, so I wonder if this would be the limit for the above.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:27 pm 
Longtime Regular

Brewman wrote:
The legal limit for alcohol was lowered to .08% on August first, so I wonder if this would be the limit for the above.

It probably does change the law above, but it really doesn't matter as .04 is the limit if your are carrying.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:30 pm 
Longtime Regular

Good point. If the limit is .04%, I wonder why the text referencing carrying above .10. Seems like unecessary text to me, but I may be missing something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:44 pm 
Longtime Regular

You are asking me to explain politicians and their thinking?!?!?!?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:46 pm 

Thanks for the clarification!
Now let's see, I weigh 198 pounds, one beer equals one shot of whiskey... now I gotta figure how much .04 is. Maybe I should call that police chief in Cottage Grove that left the scene of an accident after rolling his vehicle in Lakeville, Minn. Remember? Left his gun, badge, couple of open containers?

Ham Lake

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 3:05 pm 
Longtime Regular

WT wrote:
Thanks for the clarification!
Now let's see, I weigh 198 pounds, one beer equals one shot of whiskey... now I gotta figure how much .04 is. Maybe I should call that police chief in Cottage Grove that left the scene of an accident after rolling his vehicle in Lakeville, Minn. Remember? Left his gun, badge, couple of open containers?

Good suggestion! I'm sure he will answer with a real life example of what not to do... :D

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 9:19 pm 
Journeyman Member

grayskys wrote:
Nope, Carrying in a bar is fine, here is the relivant law:

624.7142 Carrying while under the influence of alcohol or a controlled substance. {snip}

Ok...so, what do you guys do about this? I can see not wanting to carry if you were going for the purpose of getting blitzed. What if you're out for a few beers? What about a beer or two at dinner? I almost never go to bars, but for some reason I thought of this (so searched and brought this thread back). Should it be treated as "ok to drive, ok to carry"?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:01 pm 
Longtime Regular

I think that were I going to a bar, the gun should be put away. I don't go there to "intentionally" get blitzed, but it doesn't take much to be at the .04%BAC level for me and I'm NOT a small guy, by ANY means!! A beer or two at a restaurant may be ok. Beyond that, one just doesn't know. I don't think the ok to drive/ ok to carry attitude would work because of the differences in BACs.

Looks to me that IF one is on certain cold medicines, that would fall under a "controlled substance" per the meaning as defined under 152.01/ 152.02. So would it be ok to carry then ?? As the definitions are written, I wouldn't think so.

http://www.revisor.leg.state.mn.us/stats/152/01.html

" Subd. 4. Controlled substance. "Controlled
substance" means a drug, substance, or immediate precursor in
Schedules I through V of section 152.02. The term shall not
include distilled spirits, wine, malt beverages, intoxicating
liquors or tobacco. "

http://www.revisor.leg.state.mn.us/stats/152/02.html
2) any compound, mixture, or preparation containing
ephedrine or pseudoephedrine as its sole active ingredient or as
one of its active ingredients.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 7:31 am 
1911 tainted

I probably go in a bar or some other establishment that serves alcohol on the average of once a week and I think I have been carrying every time, no problem. But will also like to challenge anyone to name one time that I have been seen drinking anything other than soda, ice tea, or water in a bar or restaurant. I do not say that I do not indulge, but I do not need to be carrying and drinking, same as I don not need to be drinking an driving.
I have zero problem with the legal carry in bars, but I do have a problem with people that like to ride the .04% line. If you are carrying, don't consume alcohol, period. If you are going to drink, put the gun away period.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.