Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:53 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
 The Gay 90's 
 Post subject: The Gay 90's
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:02 am 

So, I started out Friday night hanging out with a friend who's moving out-of-state in the near future at Ground Zero (NOT posted, BTW) - ended up being totally dead.

On her suggestion (who I've taken shooting for her first experience, with her boyfriend and his shotgun later on as well) we ended up wandering over to The Gay 90's for my first time wandering in there. I had chosen to leave mine behind for Ground Zero (figured if I ended up on the dance floor, I didn't want my full-size XD Service Pistol dropping on the floor during some Awesome Moves(TM) and left it in the car)

Regardless, as I entered Teh 90's...right on the window where you pay (INSIDE the building; first set of 2 sets of doors) was a legit-looking sign (content-wise) but on a normal 8.5"x11" sheet of paper.

Not legal due to location and size; but seemed to be proper text. Darn, the music was actually good. (Second place to Ground Zero that I've liked; being of "the younger generation.")

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:01 am 
Longtime Regular

GZ is always dead on Fridays. Go on Thursdays or Saturdays. Even then, not much happens til 11 or so.

If gay-club slummin' is for you, try the Saloon on Mondays.

"The right of citizens to bear arms is just one more guarantee against arbitrary government, one more safeguard against the tyranny which now appears remote in America, but which historically has proved to be always possible." - Vice President Hubert H. Humphrey, 1960

"Man has the right to deal with his oppressors by devouring their palpitating hearts." - Jean-Paul Marat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:27 pm 

chunkstyle wrote:
GZ is always dead on Fridays. Go on Thursdays or Saturdays. Even then, not much happens til 11 or so.

If gay-club slummin' is for you, try the Saloon on Mondays.

Yeah, I had totally forgot that Ground Zero is only good on Saturdays, and The 90's was my friend's idea; I'd never gone. The techno room wasn't bad.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:31 pm 

...talk about the LAST thread I thought I would encounter on this thread...never been to the 90's but I had a girlfriend take me to the Saloon once...actually had a good time!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:16 pm 

NFW I would not carry downtown. I've been carrying for 21 years and 2 of my 3 DGUs have been in downtown Minneapolis - one after leaving the Saloon.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:39 pm 

Erik_Pakieser wrote:
NFW I would not carry downtown. I've been carrying for 21 years and 2 of my 3 DGUs have been in downtown Minneapolis - one after leaving the Saloon.

For the texting illiterate like myself:
NFW = No F-ing Way
DGU = Defensive Gun Use

Translation courtesy of "The Google"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:03 pm 

Yeah, I had to think hard about it. My one concealable holster that isn't an Uncle Mike's IWB is a shoulder rig; and the shirt that I bought to go with it ("Covert Casual" from 5.11) isn't black - and thus would've stood out in Ground Zero.

I need to increase my clothing options :-D

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:33 am 
Longtime Regular

Erik_Pakieser wrote:

that sounds like even more reason to carry when you go downtown, there is a history of needing a gun.

"If man will not work, he shall not eat" (2 Th 3:14)
"If you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one" -Jesus (Luke 22:36)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:04 am 

Erik_Pakieser wrote:

I agree. I go downtown for one reason - work. Beyond that, I avoid Minneapolis.

Minneapolis Police/Fire Dispatcher

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:48 am 
Longtime Regular

I don't go to down town Mpls without something that has a caliber beginning with at least a "4".

"We're either gonna be the best of friends or there's gonna be a whole lotta shootin' goin' on."

"I think it's a good thing for serving cops to mix with non-cops in a situation where they understand that they aren't in charge." -JoelR

"You'd be amazed at the things a bullet can stop." -Old Irish Proverb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:40 pm 

the Eagle isn't posted, and the owner is pro-carry. He thinks it good to have people around in case something bad does happen.

A friend of mine was assaulted downtown after leaving the saloon. he was followed for afew blocks, then they jumped him and pulled him into an alley off hennepin and beat the crap out of him. He still thinks people shouldn't be allowed to carry guns.

My Homebrew journal http://brew.goalie.cx

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:23 pm 
Longtime Regular

If I'm going to be in minneapolis for any reason, you can bet I'll have the fasted reloads you've ever seen. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:00 pm 
Longtime Regular

gaygoalie wrote:
A friend of mine was assaulted downtown after leaving the saloon. he was followed for afew blocks, then they jumped him and pulled him into an alley off hennepin and beat the crap out of him. He still thinks people shouldn't be allowed to carry guns.

Some people can't see the truth even if it's literally pounded into their heads.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.