Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:25 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 St louis park 1/2 price books 'lost' there sign 
 Post subject: St louis park 1/2 price books 'lost' there sign
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:27 pm 

back when the law first went into affect 1/2 price posted most locations wich was a huge bummer since I was getting alot of my reading matierial there but when I stopped by the other day there sign was half covered up and then finaly removed from the front window!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 pm 
Activist Extraordinaire

The one in Apple Valley just has a tiny (I mean about the size of this type) lettering on one of the windows that reads "weapon-free zone".

"Some Things Are Worth Fighting For"
Judas Priest

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:31 am 
Longtime Regular

reaver3 wrote:
The one in Apple Valley just has a tiny (I mean about the size of this type) lettering on one of the windows that reads "weapon-free zone".
Weapon free could mean a lot of things. If they used the TSA's standards a lot of lighters and finger nail files would be included.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:36 pm 

So is positive feedback in order? Or might this draw someones attention that we don't want, so it is better to just let it be?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:46 pm 
The Man

bab wrote:
So is positive feedback in order? Or might this draw someones attention that we don't want, so it is better to just let it be?
My own take for private establishments that have the right to post goes something like this:

1. If the sign has gone away, and it's a place you might like to shop, do that. Spend some money, and mention that you're glad that that "silly sign" is gone.

2. If it's hidden/noncompliant/whatever, dealer's choice. Not a big deal, either way -- a compliant sign isn't all that important -- but there's no big gain from making a noncompliant sign compliant.

3. Exception to #2: if you think it's somebody trying to compromise to keep the MSM types happy without discouraging permit holders (a barely visible sign that you're supposed to miss but Rebecca and her small bunch are supposed to see) express an "oh, darn -- I wish you'd have put up the legally required [yes, I know, but trust me on this] signs so I'd know my money wasn't welcome here." Be excrutiatingly friendly and polite.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.