Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:32 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Chateau Theatres, Rochester 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 11:10 pm 
Longtime Regular

Quote:
I thought the Chateau was a book store now?

I haven't been to the Chateau for a while but I thought it was book store too. I could have sworn that there was a Barnes and Nobles in there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 11:13 pm 

Dee wrote:
Quote:

I haven't been to the Chateau for a while but I thought it was book store too. I could have sworn that there was a Barnes and Nobles in there.

I was confused as well. I know my uncle said they bought out a theater in Roch and swore he said the Chateau. I looked up pictures of it and it said Barnes and Noble on the outside and I thought "What the heck?" and went to their website and sure enough it is a theater. I've never been there but I'm guessing its some sort of bookstore + theater? Or maybe next door there is a bookstore?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 11:22 pm 
Longtime Regular

When I went to Rochester Community College* years (oh wow has it been that long?) ago, I went to the Chateau. The really cool thing about the Chateau was that as the lights dimmed, they had this ceiling that slowly lit up and had these stars and planets that glowed.
When I went to the Barnes and Nobles there, they had two levels and on the top level you could see that ceiling so I know it was the same place. However, B&N could have moved out, I dunno.

* By the way RCC used to be a big Nursing school (1982, 1983). The ratio of guys to girls used to be about 1:7. Great memories of that place! Met my wife there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 11:37 pm 

Dee wrote:
Quote:

Hmm well if you do a search like "chateau theater rochester mn" and look for images it returns the bookstore, but i did an image search for "cinemagic chateau theater" and it returned a different image, i think the bookstore and theater are completely different, but im not 100% on that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 8:40 am 

The original Chateau theater is downtown and is now a BN bookstore. If you're in Rochester it's worth a visit.

The new Chateau theater is on the north side of town on Broadway, near Shopko.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 11:26 am 
Longtime Regular

Thanks for clearing that up, dismal. I worked at that Shopko for a good couple of years in high school.

Post subject: Re: Chateau Theatres, Rochester
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:36 pm 

Went there tonight, still posted, poorly. (black letters on plexiglass, over a brown wall)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.