Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:25 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Posting status of Champp's in New Brighton 
 Post subject: Posting status of Champp's in New Brighton
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:41 am 

It's been a long time since I've been out that way since moving a couple of years ago. Does anyone know if the Champp's in New Brighton off of Silver Lake Road and 694 is still posted (albeit illegally)? They have an odd shaped/multisided entryway and you can't see the sign coming from the main parking lot. You can only see it from the side parking (which only has a few spaces). It's also posted to low off the ground. I and several friends used to frequent that Chammp's several times a week. The manager knows me as a regular customer if not by name. I had a chat with him when the sign first went up but he said the owner felt that liquor and guns don't mix (they have a bar area and serve liquor at the tables) so the sign was posted. I wanted to find out if they actually posted the sign meaning to keep out law abiding people who had carry permits or if it was a move simply to placate the sheeple (no I didn't use that word). He again reiterated that the owner meant it since he feels liquor and guns don't mix. I went through all of the normal things about what carry permit holders go through and the fact that Champp's doesn't need the sign to ask someone who's acting inappropriate to leave, etc. He knew all this but again it was the owners wish. He understands that people are not likely to see the sign when entering (hence my reason for asking their intent for posting). We had a nice chat and I thanked him for his time. I also told him that although Champp's is one of my favorite restaurants, I and my group of friends would no longer be frequenting his restaurant as long as the sign remained up. He said he wished I would reconsider but as long as the owner wanted the sign up, it would stay up. I even explained that I could still go there and carry and would be perfectly legal as long as no one asked me to leave and I refused to do so. He was aware of that. I told him I would rather simply respect the owner's wishes and take my business elsewhere. I used to drive by every now and then and see if the sign was still up but I have not done that in quite a while now. I've been SO tempted over the years to call in a take-out order and just go in and pick it up but, I've held fast to my promise to dine elsewhere. Now, I live closer to the Champp's off of 35E and...(Larpentuer?) but I'm not sure if they are posted. I'll have to do a search on that next.

Post subject: Re: Posting status of Champp's in New Brighton
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:56 am 

Champp's in Woodbury is not posted. I have carried in there when I'm not drinking several times (concealed though).
b

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:21 pm 
Longtime Regular

Eden Prairie is posted, and I believe the Ridgedale one is as well. Their loss. Chili's is not. LOL

-Mark

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:54 pm 

mrokern wrote:
Eden Prairie is posted, and I believe the Ridgedale one is as well. Their loss. Chili's is not. LOL

-Mark

Unfortunately, I can't stand Chili's' :)
B

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:15 pm 
Longtime Regular

Me and Champp's go way back. I was served copious amounts of booze one night at the New Brighton location when I was well-underage. Then, on my 21st birthday, I got bombed at the location off 35E and puked all over the front steps. Thank you, Champp's!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:03 am 

macphisto wrote:
Me and Champp's go way back. I was served copious amounts of booze one night at the New Brighton location when I was well-underage. Then, on my 21st birthday, I got bombed at the location off 35E and puked all over the front steps. Thank you, Champp's!

Thanks for sharing. :lol: "Champp's, there when you need them..."

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.