Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:42 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Frandsen Bank & Trust (New Ulm) 
 Post subject: Frandsen Bank & Trust (New Ulm)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:35 pm 
Longtime Regular

I stopped by the Frandsen Bank & Trust bank at the Cashwise location in New Ulm today. Since my normal banking business is taken care of in St. Clair MN, I figured to open a savings/debit card account nearby where I live (6-8 blocks from the house).

As I approached the 'Cashwise' location, I noticed a big sign saying "Guns banned" (can't remember the exact wording). So, I run over to the 'south' location.........same results. :roll:

I'm currently working on a nice/polite letter to the President of Frandsen Bank & Trust, explaining to them, "why" I will NOT be opening a account with them.

I ain't 'rich' by any meas, but I'll be damned if I cow-tow to their whims.................. :bang:

Squeeze trigger, BANG, repeat. Kind of boring, but I never cared for drama.

Post subject: Re: Frandsen Bank & Trust (New Ulm)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:07 am 
Longtime Regular

Now why would you want to open a checking account there, when at Citizens Bank Minnesota in New Ulm you could open a free checking account with NO minimum balance, that pays 4.01% on balances UP TO $25,000, and gives ATM refunds nationwide?

No kidding! They call it WooHoo! Checking

Here it is (www.citizensmn.com):
Quote:
•4.01% APY* on balances up to $25,000
•1.01% APY* on balances over $25,000
•0.25% APY* if qualifications aren't met
•ATM fee refunds up to $25 per cycle
•No minimum balance
•No monthly fees
•Unlimited check writing
•Free ATM/Check Card**
•Free Online Banking
•Online Bill Payment
•Free e-Statements
•Free Citizens-On-Call Telephone Banking
•Detailed monthly statement
•FDIC Insured

In fairness, they have a couple of requirements each month to get the high rate and the free ATMs: 1) use their check card 10 times 2) set up a direct deposit or an automatic payment 3) get an e-statement instead of a paper one. That's it.

notice: I do not work for the bank, but I do market this account to community banks and CU's in the midwest. This is not a teaser account, it is straight and for real. Tell me- where you going to find that kind of rate anywhere? It's better than any CD I've seen since before the economy went to hell.

Similar accounts are available throughout MN, IA, WI, ND and SD (actually nationwide). PM me if you'd like to know where. /end commercial/ ;-)

Oh- And I don't think I've ever seen a posting there either.

"Build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life." ~ unknown

Never been tazered. (yet).

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:35 pm 

Does Shells Brewery have any signs up? I'll definitely open an account with them any day. :)

On a serious note, Aquaholic is right... Go with a community bank, or better yet a credit union.

Here is a credit union in New Ulm:

http://www.southpointfed.com/about-us/become-a-member

In a big country dreams stay with you, like a lover's voice fires the mountainside. Stay alive.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:41 am 

[pictures removed]

In a big country dreams stay with you, like a lover's voice fires the mountainside. Stay alive.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:09 pm 
Longtime Regular

MODERATOR MESSAGE:
Please post reasonably-sized pictures.

- Andrew Rothman, Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:01 pm 

Andrew Rothman wrote:
MODERATOR MESSAGE:

Will do, but it would be nice if the board administrator could install this plug-in, or something similar to it...

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=561803

Previous Image:
http://gyrfalcon16.googlepages.com/03092009001.jpg

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:06 pm 

gyrfalcon wrote:
Andrew Rothman wrote:
MODERATOR MESSAGE:

Will do, but it would be nice if the board administrator could install this plug-in, or something similar to it...

Previous Image:
http://gyrfalcon16.googlepages.com/03092009001.jpg

just use photo bucket or something similar

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:41 pm 
Longtime Regular

gyrfalcon wrote:
...it would be nice if the board administrator could install this plug-in, or something similar to it...

The problem is that it still makes the user download the same huge file -- it just cleans up the presentation a little. That's why we want you to take it easy on those with slower connections and just upload a reasonably-sized picture.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.