Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:20 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Sechler Park Northfield, MN 
 Post subject: Re: Sechler Park Northfield, MN
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:10 am 
Longtime Regular

Scott Hughes wrote:
Seems to me the city made it known they didn't welcome guns in their community when the James/Younger gang came to visit some years back.

Actually, it was their acceptance of guns in the community that allowed them to defeat Jessie James Gang. Without them, the gang would have had their way and rode out unscathed.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:39 am 
Journeyman Member

I sent an Email out to see about their process of renting the park if anyone is interested.

Also I did not see any city ordance on their posting, but I was also skimming the city ordances.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:36 pm 
Journeyman Member

Riverside Lions Park is next to the public safety center and has a little shelter area. Ames park does not have one. BTW it is only 60+100 dollar damage deposit to rent it all day.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:40 pm 
Longtime Regular

In this time of economic hardship, save the good (all be it leftist leaning..) citizens of Northfield some dough and correct the sign yourself:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:48 am 

Went to Canterbury Park on Sat. They had non compliant signs at the doors (wasn't even close). Then I thought perhaps just perhaps the non "legal" signs were there ONLY to to satisfy the masses that know nothing about our carry laws (feel good). The people that are permitted by law to carry , KNOW these aren't legal signs and carry if they feel the need to do so..
Could it be the old "killing two birds with one stone" deal. Both Northfield and Canterbury Park I'm sure have legal assistance up to their chins....

Sometimes thinking gives me a headache :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:36 pm 

jawi0501 wrote:
I sent an Email out to see about their process of renting the park if anyone is interested.

Also I did not see any city ordance on their posting, but I was also skimming the city ordances.

I searched the city code. Other than zoning restrictions on gun shops, the only relevant section appears to be: Sec. 50-56. Discharge of firearms or BB guns.

(b) No person shall discharge a firearm or a BB gun or air rifle within the city limits.
(list of exemptions)
(1) Where the use of a firearm, BB gun or air rifle is expressly authorized by state or federal law.
(6) Where a person is exercising his/her right of self-defense or defense of others.

I also poked around the Park and Recreation documents, but didn't find anything.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.