Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:49 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Toys 'R Us (Minnetonka) 
 Post subject: Toys 'R Us (Minnetonka)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:06 am 

I have a toddler who is really into "Cars" and all the toys that go along with the movie. Last night I went into the Minnetonka Toys 'R Us looking for a car he doesn't have. I figured this would be the kind of place that would post, so I looked much closer than I usually do. On the way in I didn't see anything. Though I was a little surprised, I went in and did my shopping as planned. On the way out, I noticed a totally non-compliant sign on the inside door (the one you go through after grabbing a shopping cart), among the cacophony of posters and other signs posted on the same door. I can't remember exactly what it said, but it was something along the lines of "Firearms are forbidden in this facility" in both English and Spanish.

Had they had a compliant sign, easily visible from the main door (not the inside door), I would have seen it and complied, taking my business to the Target store across the road. I must conceal well enough though, no one said boo about it.

Sorry I wasn't able to get a picture of it.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Toys 'R Us (Minnetonka)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:55 am 

I complained about a similar sign at their Roseville store (now closed). The manager on duty told me that the sign was a corporate policy.

I've become almost completely indifferent to the signs. I avoid them if I can, and when I cannot, I get a real sense of personal satisfaction knowing I'm carrying in their store, and there is nothing they can do about it, because they will never know.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.