Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 2:17 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 UPS depot in Eagan 
 Post subject: UPS depot in Eagan
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:29 pm 
Activist Extraordinaire

is posted, looks to be correctly. Ironic since I was shipping a handgun to Texas for repair and plating. The clerk got all sour when I told her what I was shipping, per UPS requirements. Process was very smooth, however. Just so you know, UPS stores will not accept firearms, you must go to the depot(Customer Center). Here is the relevant page, to save people some searching on the UPS site:

http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/resources/prepare/guidelines/firearms.html

"Some Things Are Worth Fighting For"
Judas Priest

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:20 pm 
Longtime Regular

I found that out the hard way last year when I needed to ship my 1911 to Springfield Armory for some repair work. Didn't realize the Burnsville hub was gone, so I went to a UPS store and package refused.
Didn't want to drive to Eagan, so I drove to my gun dealer, and they shipped it for me. Only charged me $10 too. Which I got back since Springfield pays for shipping both ways for warranty work.

Didn't realize the hubs were posted.

Post subject: Re: UPS depot in Eagan
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:44 pm 
Journeyman Member

reaver3 wrote:
is posted, looks to be correctly. Ironic since I was shipping a handgun to Texas for repair and plating. The clerk got all sour when I told her what I was shipping, per UPS requirements. Process was very smooth, however. Just so you know, UPS stores will not accept firearms, you must go to the depot(Customer Center). Here is the relevant page, to save people some searching on the UPS site:

http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/resources/prepare/guidelines/firearms.html

Reaver3, You get me a little nervous when I see you START a thread in "Posted Victim Disarmament Zones". :D
Last time I saw that I was riveted to the forum for hours awaiting updates.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 6:56 am 
Wise Elder

The UPS depot in NW Minneapolis (just west of the Minn. 36/Minn. 280 junction) is posted too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:32 am 
Longtime Regular

kimberman wrote:
The UPS depot in NW Minneapolis (just west of the Minn. 36/Minn. 280 junction) is posted too.

Took a picture yesterday. Kind of funny since they are a good way to ship guns. I wonder how they would handle that? "Umm... I want to ship a firearm, but it says I can't bring it in here. Can you come out to my car and weigh it?"

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:03 am 
Longtime Regular

I'll no longer ship with UPS since they got all huffy about shipping firearms a couple years ago. Now I'm FedEx only. I did read your thread about getting the run-around from FexEx and must say I was a little dissapointed but ... having worked for FedEx at one time I know it's always a hassle anytime "hazardous" materials are shipped.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:27 am 
1911 tainted

I am too sick of the UPS hassle.

I ship firearms by FedEx and have zero problems. In fact, I was shipping some ammo by FedEx and the person working the desk knew they could, but wasn't exactly sure what was required. She made a phone call, got the info and we where good to go in a very short period of time. But she was curious as to what bullets where verses ammunition. I started to explain the difference and could tell that she was still puzzled. So I reached into my pocket, remove a magazine from it's pocket pouch and without removing the mag from my pocket, stripped off a .45 acp round to use as a training aid. Using the 200 grain Speer Gold Dot as reference for her question, all of her questions where answered in a couple of minutes and I was on my way.

Kind of a cool experience, she really was curious and didn't think anything of me pulling that single round of ammo from my pocket. 8)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:02 am 
Longtime Regular

Cobb, you've got to tell what kind of pocket you mean. Jacket pocket? Because I can imagine a magazine would be real uncomfy in a pants pocket. Unless you have cargo pants.

Finding cargo pants for women is unreasonably difficult. Or maybe I shop at the wrong stores.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:06 am 
Longtime Regular

I usually carry 2 magazines in my pants pocket (when I am carrying on my belt). They are more heavy than uncomfortable. I have to worry abit about losing my pants now and then, but I live in MPLS and having your pants around your knees appears to be the in thing. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:12 am 
1911 tainted

Tick Slayer wrote:
Cobb, you've got to tell what kind of pocket you mean. Jacket pocket? Because I can imagine a magazine would be real uncomfy in a pants pocket. Unless you have cargo pants.

Finding cargo pants for women is unreasonably difficult. Or maybe I shop at the wrong stores.

Pants pockets, specifically Dickie or Lee's brand in the left front pocket. Milt Sparks sells the pocket mag holders, but I have one made by Brommeland Leather that I usually use. The one from Brommeland looks almost like a bat wing and it holds the magazine very stable in a position that I can reach in my pocket and pull out the magzine very easily

Look on Milt Sparks web page. http://www.miltsparks.com/
It is under accessories and is called a "PCH-M"

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:10 pm 
Site Admin

I know it doesn't matter, but isn't the lettering supposed to be black? Also, if that sign is 11"x17", it isn't the required 187 square inches.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:19 pm 
Longtime Regular

Redo your math.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:26 pm 
Longtime Regular

Cobb, is it as bulky as it sounds? I've carried magazines in my back pocket while shooting and it is pretty bulky and obvious. I guess for a guy it would come off looking like a wallet if the magazine weren't visible at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:52 pm 
Site Admin

Brewman wrote:
Redo your math.

Look again. If it's 11x17, the rounded corners make it have not enough square inches.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:59 pm 
Longtime Regular

SethB wrote:
Brewman wrote:
Redo your math.

Look again. If it's 11x17, the rounded corners make it have not enough square inches.

Hee hee! The rounded corner defense!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.