Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:51 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 National Camera & West Photo both ban guns 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:35 pm 
Journeyman Member

After church Sunday, my wife wanted to go to the new National store in Maple Grove. I was reluctanct because of reading this forum and noticing signs at their other stores previously. I had my pistol in my SmartCarry holster and completely invisible, so I figured nobody would notice. When we approached the front door, I looked all over and didn't see the sign. On the way out of the store, I actually stopped and looked over every square inch of the eastern entrance to the store (there's a door on the west side as well, didn't look at that one). I couldn't find a "bans guns" sign anywhere. Since the Maple Grove store is so new, I hadn't been in there previously, so I'm not sure if it's ever been posted. Is this an oversight, or did they pull the signs from the rest of the stores too??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:30 pm 

I have never seen a sign at the Maple Grove store, I have been there numerous times since it opened, but the Golden Valley location is still posted. I'm not sure what that means in regards to their corporate policy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:12 pm 
Longtime Regular

I shop at the MG store as well, and I will continue to until/if they post.

I am not going to say anything to the management though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:37 pm 

Bump "back from the dead"
First kid on the way, looking for a camcorder, can't get any good help any where else, tried ritz and best buy, circuit city, you name it I've been there, seems I can only get info I trust from national camera.

As it is, the burnsville store is posted, and I got all the info I needed, then I went into talking about the Bans guns sign, the manager seemed shocked there was actually a sign up, but acknoledged that the Golden valley store was posted, even though there are several gun fanatics for employee's (his own words). He said he was a manager, and would discuss this with the "store owner".

When I get a chance I'll swing by again, and see where they sit then, if the sign is still up, I'll be sure to send them my reciept from where ever I do end up buying it from.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:23 am 
Journeyman Member

Without going back through to see if these stores are recommended:

www.bhphoto.com - out of NYC, had good service from them, spent many 'o' dollar there. Most of the equipment we've gotten is still cheaper (including shipping) than National's regular price.

www.calumetphoto.com - haven't bought anything from them yet but prices look good.

Also try www.froogle.com (part of Google) enter the make and model number you're looking for and they give you a bunch of different prices.

Don't forget to show National a copy of your receipt with a "no guns-no money" card!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:58 am 
Longtime Regular

I'll pipe in for B&H Photo- Excellent prices, good service, inexpensive shipping, no MN sales tax. I've purchased much from this place.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:52 am 
Longtime Regular

+1 Brewman. I have dealt with B&H Photo for years and have always been satisfied. Always.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:30 am 
Longtime Regular

From a post of August of 2005.

JDR wrote:
I have been going to NCE for two years, carrying concealed. I get all my questions answered, touch and feel the merchandise. Utilize their expertise, and then go to Best Buy or the internet to purchase. I have purchased approximately $4, 500.00 in cameras and accessories in that two-year period. Maybe more if I count everything. To bad, they have the sign. I wouldn’t mind spending my money there, but apparently they don’t want it.

I haven't been back since. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:26 am 
Forum Moderator/<br>AV Geek

I went to National Camera in Golden Valley ~2 weeks ago. They pulled thier signs down.

I was planning (if I made a purchase) to tell the management that the reason I purchased from them was because they pulled the signs down. But, I did not purchase anything.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:20 am 

Well Got a chance to swing back to National Camera in Burnsville, they seem to neither care for my rights or my money, they are still posted, I talked at the store manager, told them the sign cost them about $1000 in sales this week, he appeared to care less. :roll: Even with the attitude, I would never shop at very least the Burnsville store ever again.

I'll be sending an email, with my reciepts as proof of purchase, I'll like you know if they even have the stones to reply, I doubt it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:41 pm 
Longtime Regular

Pakrat wrote:
I went to National Camera in Golden Valley ~2 weeks ago. They pulled thier signs down.

I was planning (if I made a purchase) to tell the management that the reason I purchased from them was because they pulled the signs down. But, I did not purchase anything.

I went there today........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:56 pm 

I just bought a new digital camera yesterday at Best Buy. National Camera Exchange won't see a dime from me while posted. Thats my personal policy on all posted businesses unless I am meeting people and didn't know in advance. In which case I won't be back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:29 am 
Longtime Regular

motoman wrote:
I just bought a new digital camera yesterday at Best Buy. National Camera Exchange won't see a dime from me while posted. Thats my personal policy on all posted businesses unless I am meeting people and didn't know in advance. In which case I won't be back.

RIGHT ON!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:17 am 
Longtime Regular

Please take a few moments to send a copy of your receipt to National Camera, with a brief explanation of how you chose where to spend your money.

If they feel enough pan on the bottom line, they may change their minds.

motoman wrote:

Post subject: New York City?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:04 pm 

I find it ironic that people are talking about ordering equipment from New York City, as an alternative to patronizing local stores that are anti-gun. New York City is one of the most anti-gun locations in the United States. I too would prefer to take my business to gun friendly retailers, but I can't imagine any store in New York City fitting that description.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.