Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:53 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Brainerd International Raceway, Brainerd, MN 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 6:31 am 

I wouldn't be caught dead in that place without a weapon. I've been to Nationals for the last 8 years or so, and EVERY time I've been there I've seen moblike fights break out where there's blood and broken noses. (And no I don't go looking for it).

It's a mob on the border of out of control. Prices are rediculous, the full event entry/parking fee is like $500. Good thing I get comp tickets.

If you've never been though, you should really experience it at least once. Someone is right, 8000 HP of nitro burning dragster launching is like nothing you have ever experienced. You have to have ear protection, the noise even with good muffs/plugs is insane. And everything shakes. Your chest compresses. It's awesome.

One of the coolest things I've done though is something that unfortunately most people will never experience. I am a friend of someone that has real
close ties to Doug Kiletta. He got me a 45 minute tour of the entire operation by the crew chief of the racing team. He showed me everything they do behind the scenes. From rebuilding the clutch pack (top fuel rails have 7 clutches and 6 plates) every pass, replacing the $3500 crank every 8 passes, checking the top of the pistons with a straight edge to see how much the piston top has deformed during a pass (they're usually good for two passes), etc. It was really cool for a wrench turner to see, and if you ever get the chance to see something like that up close it's definitely worth it.

Despite all that, make SURE you carry (discretely). Safety first!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 6:49 am 
Longtime Regular

VikesFan wrote:
Despite all that, make SURE you carry (discretely). Safety first!

And watch where the heck you are going. Don't step out in front of drag cars, it can be detrimental to your health.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.