Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:39 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Adventure To The Mall of America 
 Post subject: Adventure To The Mall of America
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:43 pm 

Today I visited the Mall of America. Entered in the back of Macy's. Didn't see any postings. (And, yes, I did look for them :wink:)

Continuing on, I was in the MOA for about six hours, through many stores (Macy's, Sears, Disney, Victoria's Secret, as well as a few others) and to Famous Dave's for lunch.

All the time through, I managed to make it with my two concealed handguns. :)

Spoke with Mall security for directions a few times, and so on, friendly group of individuals...today.

I did see one individual walking to their vehicle in the ramp, and he was open carrying. I suppose he could have been an officer, but didn't look like it. (aka possibily undercover)

Has the mall changed their "rules" or is it just a matter of being lucky when all goes without a created scene by the Mall?

Sincerely,
Timothy

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:53 pm 

The MOA was posted but was non compliant. Landlords cannot post.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:55 pm 

That's what I have heard, and makes perfect sense, but have heard from many permit holders that they have been hasseled by the Mall security if they have seen or have "reason to believe" you have a concealed handgun, or open carried, whatever the case may be.

Sincerely,
Timothy

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:10 pm 
Longtime Regular

You should talk to Bruce Kraft. or look in the Archives of CCRN Yahoo group right after the MPPA when into effect in 2003.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ccrnofminnesota/

<EDIT -- Added Below>

I went and looked it up, Strangely enough I started the thread back then...

Thursday, July 24th, 2003 @ 10:09am Message Number 1575

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ccrnofminnesota/message/1575

Bruces 1st responce to the list

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ccrnofminnesota/message/1597

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:27 am 
Longtime Regular

Quote:
I...have heard from many permit holders that they have been hasseled by the Mall security if they have seen or have "reason to believe" you have a concealed handgun, or open carried, whatever the case may be.

I've never heard of an incident besides Bruce's, where, if I recall, he made a deliberate effort to get "caught."

Concealed means concealed, and the guards there don't have x-ray visions.

If you open carry there, I'd be surprised if you didn't get hassled. Remember that essentially, any property operator can ask you to leave any facility for any or no reason.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:58 am 

You won't see the signs at the anchor stores, only the doors where you enter the "common area". Even then, some of the signs are now on the inside portion of the mall and not posted within the proper distance etc. etc.

See, you guys are missing a huge opportunity though. I've gotten out of going to the MOA many times because I won't support anti gun bigots. :wink: That's what I tell my wife. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:50 pm 
1911 tainted

halvey wrote:
See, you guys are missing a huge opportunity though. I've gotten out of going to the MOA many times because I won't support anti gun bigots. :wink: That's what I tell my wife. :lol:

Does that really work, I mean the excuse that you tell your wife?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:39 pm 
Journeyman Member

cobb wrote:
halvey wrote:

Does that really work, I mean the excuse that you tell your wife?

Of course it doesn't.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:55 am 

:roll: Sure it does. Unless you wear the skirt in the family.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:03 pm 
The Man

Well, in my case, there's a reason Felicia is known as She Who Must Be Obeyed.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:39 pm 
Longtime Regular

halvey wrote:

I see a major different from a business posting vs a non-compliant landlord posting. A business who posts I won't go in if I can avoid it. A business (tenant) of a landlord who posts should not be punished IMHO. I just conceal real well and no issues at all ever at the MOA.

I could not keep my wife away even with a stick so it saves me money to go along. :wink: She and I have talked about the posting and she goes "What Idiots!"

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:24 pm 
Journeyman Member

Bad MOA/Wife Joke, told by my pastor:

When I die, I want to be creamated and have my ashes flown up and spread over the Mall of America. At least that way I know my wife will visit me every once-in-a-while!!

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:28 am 

The MOA will hassle you if they see a gun. There is a HUGE gang problem there, and foolishly, they think that banning guns is the solution...

Red

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:34 am 

halvey wrote:
You won't see the signs at the anchor stores, only the doors where you enter the "common area". Even then, some of the signs are now on the inside portion of the mall and not posted within the proper distance etc. etc.

You are looking at it all WRONG. I jump at the chance to go to MOA with my fiance, she is giving me legal permission to look at all the other women out there without getting slapped!! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:10 pm 

I carried for the first time to MOA this past weekend. Lots of goofy/scary looking people there. Glad I was armed.

They do have signs posted on the walls of the main entrances. Non-compliant as far as I can tell.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.