Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:18 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Adventure To The Mall of America 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:18 pm 

Non-compliant, un-lawful, whatever. What are they going to do when a large gun dealer like Bass Pro opens up shop in Phase II?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:21 pm 
The Man

Mike wrote:
Non-compliant, un-lawful, whatever. What are they going to do when a large gun dealer like Bass Pro opens up shop in Phase II?
My guess is that they'll leave the noncompliant signs up, and most permit holders who choose to shop at the Mall will continue to ignore the noncompliant signs.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:38 pm 
Longtime Regular

You'll probably get a free trigger lock and a teenage gun security expert to carry your new gun out to your car.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:49 pm 
Longtime Regular

Dick Unger wrote:
You'll probably get a free trigger lock and a teenage gun security expert to carry your new gun out to your car.
:idea: sweet

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:43 pm 

yeah, i carry right past those signs 2 or 3 times a week. i would never go to the mall unarmed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:35 am 
Longtime Regular

Have to go to there tonight, have out of town relatives who we are meeting. Will be excersising my civil rights.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:05 am 
Longtime Regular

the_interpreter wrote:
yeah, i carry right past those signs 2 or 3 times a week. i would never go to the mall unarmed.

I consider the mall at least a two gun carry location and sometimes three! :wink:

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:43 am 
1911 tainted

A few years ago they interviewed a LEO on one of the Twin Cities radio station, I think it was around 2003 when there was all the publicity about the Minnesota permit to carry. He said that even though he could carry off duty, that he saw no need to do so except in one place, the Mall of America. He said that with all his years of experience on the street, the things that he noticed at the Mall of America made him nervous, so he did carry there. I have also heard of several things that go on in the delivery tunnel system, things that most never hear about. But I guess I would have to consider that information unconfirmed, but it still makes me set up and take notice.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: things may change
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:29 pm 

I wonder if this will go away since Simons prop is nolonger a partner in the mall

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:41 am 

Mike wrote:
I was there a couple weeks ago because my nephew wanted a MOA gift card for Christmas. It appeared the signs were down at the entrances. In 2003, they were on the doors leading in, and besides the "In accordance with MN law..." were compliant.

Then around 2005 I guess, they were taken down and only one sign was posted on a stand as you enter each entrance.

A few weeks ago I saw nothing.

I *think* they are still posted where the rail and the bus stops are however.

The anchor stores were never posted.

FWIW.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:40 pm 

Srigs wrote:
the_interpreter wrote:

I consider the mall at least a two gun carry location and sometimes three! :wink:

I avoid the Mall when i can, bu sometimes the wife wants to go. In that case I feel 2 guns are better than one. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:11 am 

Spectre wrote:
cobb wrote:
halvey wrote:
See, you guys are missing a huge opportunity though. I've gotten out of going to the MOA many times because I won't support anti gun bigots. :wink: That's what I tell my wife. :lol:

Does that really work, I mean the excuse that you tell your wife?

Of course it doesn't.

ROFL
i need a new gun for carry so i don't get hasseled

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 1:50 pm 
Longtime Regular

halvey wrote:
I was there a couple weeks ago because my nephew wanted a MOA gift card for Christmas. It appeared the signs were down at the entrances. In 2003, they were on the doors leading in, and besides the "In accordance with MN law..." were compliant.

Then around 2005 I guess, they were taken down and only one sign was posted on a stand as you enter each entrance.

A few weeks ago I saw nothing.

I *think* they are still posted where the rail and the bus stops are however.

The anchor stores were never posted.

FWIW.

I was there on Saturday. Came in went through the third-floor, west parking ramp entrance, so I didn't see any other entrances.

But at that entrance, I didn't see any signs.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 7:10 pm 
Longtime Regular

Signs are on kiosks after you are already in the mall.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 9:59 pm 

I have been carrying less as of late but after the recent bar killing and bar stabbings I started carrying everywhere. I was at MOA on Friday night and boy was it filled with thugs. I will NEVER go there without carrying.

Kinda OT but Megan and I went to Hooters for wings and that is probably the first time in 10 years I have been on the 4th floor and holy chit has it changed. There is just nothing up there but Hooters and tons of places for attackers to hide. Even at 6 foot 3 inches 265 pounds I felt uncomfortable.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.