Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:56 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Adventure To The Mall of America 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:14 pm 
Longtime Regular

michaelfm wrote:
Mall of America? All I can say is "Kel Tec P3AT"

I say P32, P11 and S&W 6946 with extra reloads. I'm not kidding!

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:21 am 
Longtime Regular

Pictures from February '07. North entrance by the taxi stand and hotel van and charter bus stop. (Across from Ikea)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:24 am 

Oh well!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:57 pm 

So call me slow. We can or cannot carry in the MOA?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:07 pm 
Longtime Regular

jrnh5150 wrote:
So call me slow. We can or cannot carry in the MOA?

The Mall, as a landlord, cannot post
The Mall has posted anyway
The Mall WILL ask you to leave if they observe your weapon
Until they actually ask you to leave and you refuse, no crime has been committed.

So, conceal well, be aware, and enjoy your trip. That's my policy anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:29 pm 

plblark wrote:
The Mall, as a landlord, cannot post
The Mall has posted anyway
The Mall WILL ask you to leave if they observe your weapon
Until they actually ask you to leave and you refuse, no crime has been committed.

Even if you do refuse to leave after being asked, is any crime committed? As a landlord, they can't restrict their tenants in that respect. It's a different story if one of the tenants asks you to leave their individual store. I don't want to be the test case though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:01 pm 

They don't want a test case either. Nor does Bloomington P.D. I actually demanded one their security supervisors issue me a statutory trespass notice and they refused. B.P.D. wanted nothing to do with what was happening. I wanted to push the issue, but alas, I was being paid to be there and lawyers were already on the phone from three different states. We left, the appearance was canceled (mundo un-happy people in the rotunda), and everyone still got their check. :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:47 pm 
Longtime Regular

Mike wrote:
They don't want a test case either. Nor does Bloomington P.D. I actually demanded one their security supervisors issue me a statutory trespass notice and they refused. B.P.D. wanted nothing to do with what was happening. I wanted to push the issue, but alas, I was being paid to be there and lawyers were already on the phone from three different states. We left, the appearance was canceled (mundo un-happy people in the rotunda), and everyone still got their check. :twisted:

??????????Can you tell more? :? :? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:11 pm 
Longtime Regular

Victoria Secret show................?........ :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:17 pm 

Back in the day I used to some Rent-A-Goon work on the side. It generally paid well but wasn't my favorite. Anywho, I show up to MOA to do one of those cavort with a star in the rotunda things. First thing we do is professional courtesy and visit the security folks and tell them who we are and what's up. They ask if we're armed and reply that we are. They say no way, go lock the hardware in your vehicles. We declined (after pointing out the obvious and asking if they had lock boxes) and about that time my partner's phone rings: "OK to come from the hotel?" "Nope, MOA security doesn't want our services here." 15 minutes of entertainment in their operations center involving lotsa folks calling each other (and a PR person from the mall actually sweating) and we leave and the appearance is canceled maybe 10 minutes before they're supposed to be 'on'.
During the course of this I demanded they trespass me (a common tool for shopping centers when they toss someone). They wouldn't. BPD in the mall left the room saying they have no jurisdiction over commerce involving lawful acts.

MOA security point blank told us that the only guns in their mall would be on BPD and the promoter (out of NY) had to contract with them. Our folks could stay, but had to be un-armed. We couldn't even have an outside uniformed agency do it. It was a pretty weird scene. But hey, the check cleared and the promoter bought us lunch for the trouble.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:18 pm 

hammAR wrote:
Victoria Secret show................?........ :shock:

Man I wish. Best I've covered (working) is Cameron Diaz. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:35 pm 

How can we most effectively document this event? Would there be records from MOA security of BPD? We could use this as a precedent going forward.

This also might prove very useful in some future guinea pig event, where we, say, send Pinnacle out to the MOA and throw him up for grabs.

Whatcha guys think? I’m sure he would be game…

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:10 am 
Delicate Flower

Pat wrote:
How can we most effectively document this event? Would there be records from MOA security of BPD? We could use this as a precedent going forward.

This also might prove very useful in some future guinea pig event, where we, say, send Pinnacle out to the MOA and throw him up for grabs.

Either him or "Brit"...........either way it would be interesting :)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:31 am 

Document? It was a last decade event. And clearly they didn't want documentation (and man did I). It would be interesting to see how they handle a fella there of his own accord who pushes it. On public property it's actually a misdemeanor to interfere with lawful use.

MOA's strategy wasn't bad. Stonewall and deny while ignoring the law. They seem to have a unique zeal over the issue, though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:32 am 
Longtime Regular

ttousi wrote:
Pat wrote:

Either him or "Brit"...........either way it would be interesting :)

Or both :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: with Infidel T shirts and bacon sandwiches and other pork products, when we're done hop the train to the airport, get a cab home...................kill 2 birds with one open carry 8) 8) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.