Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 5:52 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Progressive Collision Service Center - Coon Rapids 
 Post subject: Progressive Collision Service Center - Coon Rapids
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:30 pm 

Not sure what to make of this one. I saw this sign on the door to the Progressive Insurance facility in Coon Rapids....haven't seen this variety yet and am interested in your thoughts.

Quote:
"Unless otherwise authorized by law, no person shall possess, have under the person's control, convey, or attempt to convey a deadly weapon or dangerous ordnance onto these premises."

I'm not a lawyer...but aren't permit holders authorized by law? So what the heck does "Unless otherwise authorized..." mean?

Post subject: Re: Progressive Collision Service Center - Coon Rapids
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:07 pm 
Forum Moderator/<br>AV Geek

DrSIG226 wrote:
"Unless otherwise authorized by law, no person shall possess, have under the person's control, convey, or attempt to convey a deadly weapon or dangerous ordnance onto these premises."

I would like a picture of the sign if anyone could get it. Sounds like a misleading sign that would fool most (common; non-TCCF'er) permit holders.
DrSIG226 wrote:
I'm not a lawyer...but aren't permit holders authorized by law?

Depends on who you ask. If you ask the post office, they claim we are not authorized ( :wink: ). Yes, we are authorized by law to carry our firearms.
DrSIG226 wrote:
So what the heck does "Unless otherwise authorized..." mean?

It's just one way to word a statement. 'You cannot have a weapon, unless authorized by law'.

My problem with these types of signs, and even the Hennepin County signs they've posted is: The only reason the signs went up in the first place was because of the permit to carry. So, why keep them up if you exclude permit holders on that sign? It's like putting up a sign that says "you're not allowed to commit a crime here." No shit sherlock.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:03 pm 
Longtime Regular

Pakrat put it well. The sign says that criminal acts are prohibited. Well, duh.

It's a sign intended, I think, to placate the nervous nellies, not to piss off permit holders.

Treat it like you would any other sign. :)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:51 am 

Pakrat wrote:
I would like a picture of the sign if anyone could get it. Sounds like a misleading sign that would fool most (common; non-TCCF'er) permit holders.

I have one on my phone...can't figure out how to send it to someplace where I can post it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:34 am 
Longtime Regular

DrSIG226 wrote:
Pakrat wrote:

I have one on my phone...can't figure out how to send it to someplace where I can post it.
Find a teenager :P

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:43 am 

matt160 wrote:
DrSIG226 wrote:
Pakrat wrote:

Find a teenager :P

i'm the crotchety old b*stard that says "Get the hell off my lawn!"...i don't think any of them that I know would be kind.... ;)

i just copied the text of the sign from my picture into the original post...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:44 pm 
Longtime Regular

DrSIG226 wrote:
Pakrat wrote:

E-mail the picture to yourself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:42 pm 
Forum Moderator

The State Farm drive-in claim center in Burnsville was properly posted when I was there last May. I ignored it and nobody had a problem.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.