Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:59 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: *
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:52 am 

* :evil:

Last edited by BB Guns on Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:13 pm 
1911 tainted

This one actually surprizes me. :?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:17 pm 
Forum Moderator/<br>AV Geek

It doesn't surprise me. I visit the Hopkins VFW quite a bit and it is improperly posted. Also, the Mound Legion I visit twice a month WAS (as in used to be) improperly posted. Someone tore down the sign when the law was repealed.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:37 pm 

Pakrat wrote:
It doesn't surprise me. I visit the Hopkins VFW quite a bit and it is improperly posted. Also, the Mound Legion I visit twice a month WAS (as in used to be) improperly posted. Someone tore down the sign when the law was repealed.

The Hopkins VFW is pretty close to me. I used to go in there once in a while, and, after buying a house back behind/west of Shady Oak Lake, I almost joined. The New York Mills VFW post by my cabin got my life-membership instead. I told them at Hopkins why.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:07 pm 

While I am not 100% sure, I believe it may violate the bylaws of both of these organizations for them to post. Myself I have used both Legion and VFW halls to teach classes.

In both cases I would suggest contacting the national organizations - particularly if you are a member.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:49 am 

Sorry to be anal about this, but it might be helpful if the title for this thread was changed to be the american legion post 92 in rochester so that it doesn't look like the entire city of rochester is trying to ban guns.

thanks

Post subject: *
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:34 am 

:evil: .

Last edited by BB Guns on Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 3:47 pm 

BB Guns wrote:
This fourm does not have the room for me to list every place in Rochester that has posted signs..... Just wanted others to know about the Legion Post, I thought this would be of interest. for what the Legion Post is, and what they stand for.

:roll:

You could argue that there isn't room to list all the places in the twin cities either, but we still don't say that the metro area bans guns.

There doesn't seem to be a real good, nicely organized way to list this data without putting some kind of serious database work into it. So this will have to work for now.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.