Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:55 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 So what if it's posted? 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:32 pm 
Longtime Regular

farmerj wrote:
chunkstyle wrote:

Is the sign still there?

Unfortunately it is. Seems it is an "insurance requirement"

Interesting, this is not the first time that I've heard this "insurance requirement". If indeed this is becoming an issue or a trend for certain insurance providers, then we need to look at this differently.

Maybe, we should be asking the questions, collecting data, and looking at the insurers and who is perpetrating this kind of requirement on businesses. In some cases it may not be the businesses choice or intent........ :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:15 pm 
Journeyman Member

Pakrat wrote:
If you want to go somewhere else, great. I like the idea of supporting or not supporting a business based on their views on guns. But, if you so choose to patronize a business that posts, you are within the law by carrying until asked to leave.

But the thing though is certain businesses can't be replaced. Take Buffalo Wild Wings as an example. They are posted, but they have some damn good chicken wings and the online trivia games are fun.

Sometimes we just gotta accept the fact that people don't necessarily want guns in there...but what they don't know won't hurt them either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:17 pm 
Forum Moderator/<br>AV Geek

Cheap wings doesn't equal good wings. Everyone sells wings. Just about anyone can drown wings in that crappy orange sauce.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 8:56 am 

Pakrat wrote:
JimC, this philisophical debate has been discussed, and is discussed at least once a month. Do a search and you will find some good discussion. I think people are bored with this topic now, so you might not get as good of discussion as you may want.

Pakrat wrote:
Look at that, this thread turned into a productive discussion.

I know that people who've been around this forum for many moons might be bored of some of the topics, but as a relative newbie, it's all..well..NEW to me!
I know it might be a bore, but all you guys are really helping me. I'm learning! :D

Last edited by taggart on Tue May 22, 2007 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 9:01 am 
The Man

taggart wrote:
Pakrat wrote:
Look at that, this thread turned into a productive discussion.

I know that people who've been around this forum for many moons might be bored of some of the topics, but as a relative newbie, it's all..well..NEW to me!
I know it might be a bore, but all you guys are really helping me. I'm learning! :D
Well, good. That's the idea.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 5:10 pm 

The bottom line is they're asking you to waive your right to protect yourself by posting and/or asking you to leave. If that establishment doesn't then have an armed guard protecting the premise they have gone a step further by making you an indefensible victim.

I personally have a major issue with anyone that would wish this on me or rather FORCE that on me. I will not spend one penny in a posted business minus the damn Bally's I invested in a life membership long before there was a prayer we'd ever see carry permits. At least at Bally's there are plenty of weapons and very strong people prepared to take down a bad guy so it's not all bad there...

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.