Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:21 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Kwik Mart at 1st Ave. & Atwood, Shakopee - but no more 
 Post subject: Kwik Mart at 1st Ave. & Atwood, Shakopee - but no more
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:13 pm 
1911 tainted

Stopped to get gas last week at this Kwik Mart in Shakopee on 1st Ave. and Atwood. I started to pump gas and when almost done, then I saw the sign banning guns on the station premises from their corporate office. It was in the second window from the door and there was no way I could really see it unless you started to read all the stuff in the windows, so now way did it conform to the law. I finished pumping gas, went into pay and after I paid I gave the attendant one of those no guns, no money cards. We had a short conversation about posting and before leaving he agreed that the posting made no sense. I drove by today, needed gas again, so I drove past the pumps looking for the posting. It was gone, I looked all over the outside, and later inside and saw no posting banning guns on the premises. So I filled up again, but this time some young guy was working, so I didn't ask what happen to the sign, all I care is that the sign banning guns was no longer up.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:11 pm 
Longtime Regular

EXCELLENT! :lol:

Nicely done! :lol:

However, it would be nice if you told them that you appreciated the removal of the sign. They rarely get positive comments on such a move. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:27 pm 
1911 tainted

JDR wrote:
However, it would be nice if you told them that you appreciated the removal of the sign. They rarely get positive comments on such a move. :wink:

I thought of that and had every intention of doing so. But the attendant on duty at the time, well,,,,I think he would not have had a clue as to what I was talking about. :roll:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:35 pm 
Longtime Regular

cobb wrote:
I thought of that and had every intention of doing so. But the attendant on duty at the time, well,,,,I think he would not have had a clue as to what I was talking about. :roll:

I know. :wink:

It’s just my feelings that it is to our advantage, to utilize every opportunity to educate anyone.
:wink:
Anyhow, nice going! :lol:

Post subject: Excellent!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:45 am 

As of today I have handed out about 75 of those cards and have had only a couple of successes with them changing managements minds. Congrats to you and please try to send a letter of thanks to the management if nothing else!!

Occam's Razor:
one should not increase, beyond what is necessary, the number of entities required to explain anything.
Visit us at www.ddht.us

Post subject: Re: Excellent!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:34 am 
1911 tainted

durbin6 wrote:
Congrats to you and please try to send a letter of thanks to the management if nothing else!!

I want to thank him personally. I am curious as to what thought was put into when posting the sign, and again when taking it down.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:03 am 
Longtime Regular

Quote:
As of today I have handed out about 75 of those cards

Golly. Except in downtown Minneapolis, I've seen very few signs. Seventy-five is a lot!

Maybe we ought to make it a gunny scavenger hunt? :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.