Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:26 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
 Post subject: *
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:13 pm 

:evil:

Last edited by BB Guns on Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:31 pm 
Longtime Regular

Wonder how one goes about getting permission to bring explosives into the Olmstead County Buildings?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:59 pm 
Longtime Regular

Does that mean that you can carry you weapon if you have a permit but you need special permission to have it loaded? :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:13 pm 
Longtime Regular

Since we have a permit you can carry is what I would say! :D

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject: Re: ODD sign.. Rochester/Olmsted building
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:01 am 
Longtime Regular

BB Guns wrote:
I took a photo of of the signs that were at all the doors going into the Olmsted County/Rochester Planning and Zoning Building.

"No Weapons are permitted in this building, except firearms for which a permit has been issused. AND No ammumition or explosives are allowed in this building except upon permission from the Olmsted County Sheriff"

I can send anyone the photo........

Just thought this was different :D

Gee, and I thought bureaucrats always thought and wrote clearly! :D

I assume there are no courtrooms in the building?

Please send that photo to info (at) madfi.org. I'd love to add it to my collection of stupid sign photos for my carry class.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:38 pm 
Delicate Flower

I would like a copy also.........Thanks :)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:37 pm 
Longtime Regular

Here's the sign, courtesy of Ben.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 5:37 am 
Longtime Regular

That is quit possibly the dumbest sign I have ever seen. It's certainly in the top 3. I'm torn between writting to the sheriff requesting permission to carry explosives into the building (although I fear the feds might not get the joke.) Or writting to the plannining and zoning people and try to find out who's bright idea it was. Someone is stuck on stupid down there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:04 am 

Don't worry, that sign is just for the terrorist suicide bombers. They have to ask permission before coming in and blowing up the building.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:57 am 

:evil:

Last edited by BB Guns on Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:09 pm 

gunflint wrote:
Does that mean that you can carry you weapon if you have a permit but you need special permission to have it loaded? :shock:

This is how I read the sign.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:33 pm 
Longtime Regular

I can just see it. ..

Scene One;

Camera pans along a paved street then, swings up to a medium size, brick building. As the camera focuses on a sign above the door, you can read the words:” Olmstead County/Rochester Planning and Zoning. Scene fades to black.

Scene Two;

The camera is focused on a window, as it pans back, a room with about a dozen people come into view. They are sitting at a large conference table. It becomes apparent that they are very agitated about something. Now we see the person at the head of the table slam down onto that table, a thick legal looking document. As he glares around the room, we can see his eyes focus on what appears to be an attorney. “Dan” (he shouts)” can’t we do anything about this $%#@! new law?”

Camera swings to Dan, [who is wearing a freshly pressed dark blue pinstriped suite, with a colorful handkerchief in the breast pocket, that matches beautifully with the corresponding colors of his expensive silk tie]

[DAN] “I’ve got! I know how to keep them out of our buildings” he exclaims. He looks directly at the man at the head of the table [and says:] “We may not be able to ban guns, but by gum we can ban the ammunition!

A loud thunderous applause is heard, rising up from the people sitting at the table. [Dan smiles sheepishly.] all are smiling and laughing. Scene fades to black.

Scene Three;

We are again looking at the front of the building just as several people come out and start descending the main stairs. We can overhear someone talking to a woman that is walking with him; “That Dan, he’s the man! You can’t get anything past that guy. If I’m ever in any kind of trouble, I want that guy on my side” Camera pans to the center of the street and the scene goes to black.

THE END

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:11 am 

:shock: Idiots :shock: no, make that Cityots :!:

Occam's Razor:
one should not increase, beyond what is necessary, the number of entities required to explain anything.
Visit us at www.ddht.us

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.