Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:40 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Northfield City hall "firearms aren't welcome" 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:47 pm 

Seriously folks, and back on topic here. It would be nice if someone who lives in the Northfield area would press them on this, find out why the sign is up, what they think it means, why they are wasting your tax dollars on a meaningless sign, and what they plan to do if their silly sign causes some permit holder greif or harm when some misinformed citizen (who takes their sign at face value) does something they shouldn't.

I'd tilt at this windmill myself, but I'm never in Northfield.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:05 pm 
Longtime Regular

Selurcspi wrote:
I'm reminded of the old saying:
Those that can, do: those that can't, teach: those who can't teach, teach teachers: and those who can’t teach teachers administrate.

There's a reason they're called professors ... they profess knowledge. No one said anything about EDUCATING ... though you'd think it was part of their job. Elementary and High school teachers have to be licensed and have methods / how to teach training (mostly with Student Teaching experience). College professors just have to complete a degree and get selected.

My mom is an EDUCATOR who also happens to be a professor. She teaches teachers and does a damn fine job of it. But I agree shes the exception rather than the rule.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:01 am 

bab wrote:
Seriously folks, and back on topic here. It would be nice if someone who lives in the Northfield area would press them on this, find out why the sign is up, what they think it means, why they are wasting your tax dollars on a meaningless sign, and what they plan to do if their silly sign causes some permit holder greif or harm when some misinformed citizen (who takes their sign at face value) does something they shouldn't.

I do plan on taking some select copies of state statutes in and trying to get an answer as to why this sign is posted.
Not really sure who would be the main point of contact though, any suggestions?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:09 am 

wow this has been taken way off topic
IBTL
BTW i am a chemistry major graduating this spring and most porfs are libs :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:55 am 
Longtime Regular

Tito Jackson wrote:
bab wrote:

I do plan on taking some select copies of state statutes in and trying to get an answer as to why this sign is posted.
Not really sure who would be the main point of contact though, any suggestions?

You could inquire as to who authorized the sign right at city hall.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:15 am 
Longtime Regular

As a government worker, I wouldn't mind if someone came up to me and asked who was responsible for signage. If I didn't know (and I do for where I work), I would ask until I found out. Often, the only thing a worker sees is someone coming up and putting up signs--as if ordered by some unseen, celestial, being.

Most government entities have a property manager who is responsible for renovations, repairs, signs, etc. They may not be the ones who requested the sign, but they should know who asked/told them to put up the sign.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:29 am 
Longtime Regular

Could this be the reason for the new signage..........A whitewash job, perhaps?

http://northfield.org/

:( :( :( :( :( :(

UT BCI Certified Conceal/Carry Instructor

"If you expect the police to always be able to protect you, why are the ones who show up at crimes called 'detectives' instead of 'defenders'? Detectives try to find a criminal after they've committed a crime."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:40 am 
Longtime Regular

Selurcspi: I think that your link just provided an (the) answer on who to contact.....

Quote:
City Administrator Al Roder prepares a detailed report of everything that goes on each week at City Hall. The report includes information from all departments, including the police activity report. You can check out the latest version here.

Al Roder
507-645-8833
al.roder@ci.northfield.mn.us

: His screen name is Windmill............so tilt away :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:19 pm 
Longtime Regular

hammAR wrote:
Selurcspi: I think that your link just provided an (the) answer on who to contact.....

Quote:
City Administrator Al Roder prepares a detailed report of everything that goes on each week at City Hall. The report includes information from all departments, including the police activity report. You can check out the latest version here.

Al Roder
507-645-8833
al.roder@ci.northfield.mn.us

: His screen name is Windmill............so tilt away :lol:

Glad I could help :D :D :D :D

UT BCI Certified Conceal/Carry Instructor

"If you expect the police to always be able to protect you, why are the ones who show up at crimes called 'detectives' instead of 'defenders'? Detectives try to find a criminal after they've committed a crime."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:23 pm 

I think if I recall correctly most of Northfield's city parks are posted also. I think the signs say some thing like firearms are not welcome here. I have to agree with you about the attitude of the clerks at the dmv in city hall. I can't remember the last time I seen them smile. Its like they think we are all trying to pull one over on them. I won't even go there any more.

Steve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:09 pm 
Activist Extraordinaire

Andrew Rothman wrote:

Quote:
I'd make it a point to open carry there, but I'd carry my Ruger P95. He's a tough one, and won't get his feeling hurt when he finds out he's unwelcome.

That's what I do. You make your statement, and then I make mine.

"Some Things Are Worth Fighting For"
Judas Priest

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.