Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:03 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Baltimore, MD 
 Post subject: Baltimore, MD
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:37 am 
Longtime Regular

We just spent a week at the Inner Harbor/Little Italy area of Baltimore, MD and I think we only gained about 50 lbs each. No Italian or seafood restaurant in Minnesota can even come close to the food served there.

Now the suck part, it is nearly impossible to get a permit and they (Maryland) do not have reciprocity with anyone. I was warned by an acquaintance from there about no guns (except for criminals and cops) and if you go over more than one block from the Inner Harbor/Little Italy area it is a whole new world where you become instant prey. I thought it was hype but no sh*t he was right. As soon as we crossed north of Pratt Street the zombies just started coming towards us as we made an immediate about face back to the nearest business and this was only Sunday afternoon.

What became of it? Well the taxi’s made more off of me than I wanted and a letter criticizing the city and state for its vermin and most importantly the restriction against law abiding citizens from protecting themselves since their police can’t.

Cross Baltimore off of your places to visit.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:22 pm 
Forum Moderator/<br>AV Geek

It's one thing when you live in areas like that and you are used to it.

It's one thing to feel naked without a gun, when you are in a zone you are comfortable with.

But, to be an out of towner, prevented from carrying. The horror...

We should invite the liberals over here to see how nice it is to walk down the streets at night (compared to MD). So, North Minneapolis had nothing on that place?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:53 pm 
Forum Moderator

Did you go on the tour of my old boat, the USS Torsk (SS-423), next to the aquarium?

http://www.usstorsk.org/

I still get to work on it about once a year.

I agree with you about the environment about two blocks from the tourist areas.

Greg

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 2:02 pm 
Longtime Regular

Yes we saw the Torsk and the Constellation. and yes it is worse than the "North Side". Even the US Federal Court builing is unsafe to be near after dark.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:55 am 
Longtime Regular

I was there last week visiting a friend.

We would walk from his apartment to the inner harbor area (about 20 minutes). He would only do it durring the day, with good reason.

Later in the week we walked over to an Irish place (Mick O'Sheas). Awesome food. Good beer. The band was good, they played some Pogues. Imgine live Irish music at an Irish bar... Oh ya forgot about St. Paul. ;) Great fun. Then we walked back to his place just a few blocks away.

Well I can now tell you that drug dealers use two-way radios and setup look outs for cops. A guy on each end with a two way gives warnings to the guy in the middle who has the dope. This way he can hide or ditch his stuff. Really a bad deal if you and your friend are just walking down the street and look like undercover cops to a drug dealer. And then "sneak up" on them.

See previous post about not wanting to live in a city.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:18 am 

Quote:
someone1980: Really a bad deal if you and your friend are just walking down the street and look like undercover cops to a drug dealer. And then "sneak up" on them.

That's an interesting point. I'd always been a bit more on my guard for muggers than drug dealers, figuring that the dealers would have a business interest in not drawing attention by harrasing random folks who are just passing through. Maybe not though. This sounds like cornering a snake by accident.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.