Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:48 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Ex-Bank Teller Sues KeyBank After Being Robbed at Gunpoint 3 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:17 pm 
Longtime Regular

Apdl wrote:
wowzer it was a joke lol
we all need to punch some paper it sould be a manditory thing like the 2 hour lunch break in france only it would be the 2 hour lunch break where one hour was required by law to be spent at the gun range

But who would supply the ammo ??

"...quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." [...a sword never kills anybody; it's a tool in the killer's hand.] -- (Lucius Annaeus) Seneca "the Younger" (ca. 4 BC-65 AD),

The Nanny State MUST DIE!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:13 pm 

BigRobT wrote:
Apdl wrote:
wowzer it was a joke lol
we all need to punch some paper it sould be a manditory thing like the 2 hour lunch break in france only it would be the 2 hour lunch break where one hour was required by law to be spent at the gun range

But who would supply the ammo ??

oh the government
if they did not we would protest and strike our 30 hour work weeks like the French

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:15 pm 
Longtime Regular

Apdl wrote:
wowzer it was a joke lol

hammAR wrote:
Not picking on you Apdl, just frustrated with some of the attitudes and comments..........having a bad day and need to punch paper :lol:

Apdl - you might of missed this part, I knew that your comment was a joke. It was solely aimed (forgive the pun, I've been shooting) at others.... :D

But if you find someone to, wait Social Services don't they provide tax funded services and supplies to the disadvantaged? Would out of ammunition meet the requirements for disadvantaged...........HELP, I'm ammunition challenged..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:24 pm 

hammAR wrote:
Apdl wrote:
wowzer it was a joke lol

hammAR wrote:
Not picking on you Apdl, just frustrated with some of the attitudes and comments..........having a bad day and need to punch paper :lol:

Apdl - you might of missed this part, I knew that your comment was a joke. It was solely aimed (forgive the pun, I've been shooting) at others.... :D

But if you find someone to, wait Social Services don't they provide tax funded services and supplies to the disadvantaged? Would out of ammunition meet the requirements for disadvantaged...........HELP, I'm ammunition challenged..

I knew you were just poking fun
And yes an ammunition deficiency will result in cold sweats and acute insomnia a mental disadvantage and an index finger with a sudden unquenchable itch a physical disadvantage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:40 pm 
Longtime Regular

Ohh, so THAT'S what my problem was last night ?!?!?!? :lol: :lol:

"...quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." [...a sword never kills anybody; it's a tool in the killer's hand.] -- (Lucius Annaeus) Seneca "the Younger" (ca. 4 BC-65 AD),

The Nanny State MUST DIE!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:06 pm 

Pinnacle wrote:
Allright

I am tired of the blame game here - this is my $0.02 worth

If you are a bank teller there is an ASSUMED RISK that there will be a robbery at some time - bank robbery is the second oldest profession afterall.

If you dont want to work in that environment - and don't think that you can take that kind of stress - DONT WORK THERE. my g-d didn't she see "Point Break"? :twisted:

Find a nice safe job like being a chasier at a convienience store or somehting. :shock:

___

When you get out of bed in the morning you are taking a risk. I think that this cashiers lawsuit is valid if it prevents another robbery - by the bank taking some action. BUT her staying there through three robberies - come on now emotional distress is a bunch of horse hockey.

You have got to be kidding! Ok, I'm a mechanic. MUST I assume that beacuse Gravity never takes a day off, and that because a mechanic at SOME POINT has been killed by a falling car, that I'm going to be killed?

Sorry, nope. Try again.

How about...You work at a Gas Station, Overnights. MUST you assume that your going to be held up? Ever notice that some gas stations have bullet proof glass? Sorry, again, it's not just an "assumed risk."

Sure Bank Robberies have been going on for a long time, but so has shooting back! Since 911 has become a Government sponsored Dial-A-Prayer, it's time to take matters into your own hands.

YOUR safety is not only your responsibilty, when you are NOT allowed to take care of yourself. This is case and point. If this teller could not carry at work, therefore could not defend herself in this situation, I think the bank has now assumed the responsibilty of "guarding" this person/people.

The day I can't carry at work, I WILL be talking to that employer, and not only verbally, but in writing make sure that THEY ARE WILLING TO BEAR THE RESPONSIBILITY of taking care of ANY and ALL things that may involve me being unable to defend myself.

DD

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:30 pm 
Longtime Regular

After thinking about this, the bank is at fault.

They should of had a legally posted sign banning guns on their property

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:53 am 

Apdl wrote:
... be a manditory thing like the 2 hour lunch break in france only it would be the 2 hour lunch break where one hour was required by law to be spent at the gun range

Since I am a "government employee" and some employees are allowed access to the county gym, shouldn't I be allowed access to the Sheriff Shootin' range? We are encouraged to walk/excercise at lunch. How about competition shooting for excercise? I think we are on to something. I'll be sending an email to the HR office! 8) 8)

Tex

"I disagree with what you say, but I would fight to the death for your right to say it." Voltaire

"I may not be allowed to eat the apples any more, but strolling through the orchard is certainly pleasant." Chunkstyle

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.