Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:04 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 Bally's Total Fitness - Fridley bans guns 
 Post subject: Bally's Total Fitness - Fridley bans guns
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 7:27 pm 

Kind sucks since I've had a life membership since the mid 90s. I comply here since ironically my gun is safer in my car safe then those lockers in the dressing room. People routinely get their lockers broken into there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 8:09 pm 
1911 tainted

I see your other postings on other businesses, but this one I must ask, is it a compliant?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 9:04 pm 

Yes it's compliant signs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 9:41 pm 

Bally's on University near Lexington (Midway St. Paul) is posted in compliance, too. I've had a membership with them since they were U.S. Swim & Fitness (longer than I like to admit). But, I figure what I save on membership I can use to buy more guns ! That's one of the few concessions I make.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 6:08 am 
Longtime Regular

MsT wrote:
Bally's on University near Lexington (Midway St. Paul) is posted in compliance, too. I've had a membership with them since they were U.S. Swim & Fitness (longer than I like to admit). But, I figure what I save on membership I can use to buy more guns ! That's one of the few concessions I make.

Good luck cancelling your membership, I've heard some real horror stories.
:( :( :( :( :(

UT BCI Certified Conceal/Carry Instructor

"If you expect the police to always be able to protect you, why are the ones who show up at crimes called 'detectives' instead of 'defenders'? Detectives try to find a criminal after they've committed a crime."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 9:45 am 

I've never had any problem with them. When my husband died, they refunded the remainder of his membership for that year - no hassle at all. ('course if you've read the comments from plblark, Brit and jac714 you'll maybe understand why)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 10:13 am 
Longtime Regular

MsT wrote:
I've never had any problem with them. When my husband died, they refunded the remainder of his membership for that year - no hassle at all. ('course if you've read the comments from plblark, Brit and jac714 you'll maybe understand why)

Come on, you are a very nice lady (until annoyed that is. :P )

"For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
-Unknown

Honorably Discharged member of Uncle Sam's Underwater Canoe Club.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 3:17 pm 
Activist Extraordinaire

The branch of the YMCA that I work out at posts (non-compliantly). It seems that all of the major health club chains post, so I don't really have a choice in the matter.

That being said, I wouldn't bring my carry piece in anyway, as the locker thefts described on this thread seem to occur with great frequency at all clubs, even at my location, in a quiet residential neighborhood. The Y does all that they can short of putting cameras in the showers, but it still happens. Someone lost $90+ out of their wallet just the other day.

I do have a funny story that happened there one day. As I was leaving, a disabled worker and friend of mine named Brad (quadriplegic) that greets patrons and answers the phone called me over. He was laughing as he told me the following (paraphrased):

After I had checked in earlier, a "soccer mom" type woman had come over to him all agitated and worked up. He asked her what was wrong. She said, "That man (meaning me) that just checked in was wearing a HOLSTER!!

Brad said, "So?"

The lady said, "That means he carries a gun!!!"

Brad said, "So? We ask people to leave them in their cars, and he does. What's the problem?

The lady said, "You mean you aren't going to do anything? He's got a holster on!!"

Brad said, "Lady, it's a piece of leather. What do you think he's going to do with it?"

At that, the lady huffed off. You'd have to know this guy to appreciate how dry his humor can be, and how it must have just sent this lady over the edge.

"Some Things Are Worth Fighting For"
Judas Priest

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 7:46 am 
Longtime Regular

reaver3 wrote:
"That man (meaning me) that just checked in was wearing a HOLSTER!!

Brad said, "So?"

The lady said, "That means he carries a gun!!!"

Brad said, "So? We ask people to leave them in their cars, and he does. What's the problem?

The lady said, "You mean you aren't going to do anything? He's got a holster on!!"

Brad said, "Lady, it's a piece of leather. What do you think he's going to do with it?"

At that, the lady huffed off. You'd have to know this guy to appreciate how dry his humor can be, and how it must have just sent this lady over the edge.

That's hilarious! :lol:

"Build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life." ~ unknown

Never been tazered. (yet).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 7:16 pm 
Longtime Regular

:lol: What a silly woman. And good for Brad!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 7:44 pm 
Longtime Regular

Maybe she's a PETA member and felt bad for the cow. :roll:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.