Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:02 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Johnny A's/The 200 Club 
 Post subject: Johnny A's/The 200 Club
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 9:34 pm 

Not that I would ever recommend going to this establishment ever, it is posted right at the entrance.

The owner is about as anti-cop as can be. You can't arm yourself, but there is always a "locked and loaded" shotgun behind the bar. Pretty much every night I work I hear at least a call or two to this location, usually for assault. Avoid like the plague for more then one reason!

Oh, NW corner of N 2nd Street and West Broadway (2 blocks from the river).

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 11:50 pm 
Longtime Regular

Yeah, why go there when there are classy places like BJ's and Stand Up Frank's right near by? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 10:19 am 

Pat Cannon wrote:
Yeah, why go there when there are classy places like BJ's and Stand Up Frank's right near by? :)

Oh yeah, and what's the name of the place where the off duty cop shot the guy at N 4th and W Broadway . . . .

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 2:25 pm 
Longtime Regular

Sipowicz wrote:
Pat Cannon wrote:

Oh yeah, and what's the name of the place where the off duty cop shot the guy at N 4th and W Broadway . . . .

The Fourth Street Saloon. In fairness to that fine establishment, the shooting happened just outside the door. And there hasn't been a shooting there in a good 2 months.

BTW it sounds like the off-duty cop who was driving by did a pretty good job, putting down the shooter without hitting (or at least without killing*) anybody else on the crowded sidewalk.

*On closer reading of the news stories it sounds like they're still sorting out who got hit by whose bullet(s).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 1:59 pm 
Raving Moderate

OK- in the last couple of weeks, MPD raided our friends at Johnny A's. To quote Inspector Edwards, head of the 4th Precinct, "The only thing legal in there was the alcohol." Apparently, the bouncers were dealing out the front door... :shock: :shock: :shock:

My real name is Jeremiah (go figure). ;)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.