Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:10 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 High End Restaurants that Do/Don't Post 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 3:32 pm 
On time out

LIndey's in roseville/arden hills does not. or I did not notice them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 3:33 pm 
The Man

Well, my take is that since they have the right to post or not to post, and that they've chosen not to post, they don't have an obligation (or, for that matter, a need) to get into an argument with their landlord.

I don't insist that restauranteurs (or any other business I patronize) be pro-carry -- I'd prefer that they be, of course -- but as long as they're not telling me not to carry, I'm fine with that, and don't hold it against them that they're not getting involved in political fights that are guaranteed to lose them some customers, no matter what side they take.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 3:47 pm 

Lindey's: the place got taken apart on the user reviews at citysearch; are you sure this is "High End" using the other establishments listed as a baseline. If you say it is I'll believe you and add it - the reviews just seem a little harsh for the level I'm shooting for here (although to give them credit it did seem to be a love it or hate kind of affair).

Manny's/Oceanaire: I'm ammending my post to include an asterisk and I'll let people decide on their own whether the posted signs from Hyatt should be held against them (I'm still not going to patronize them).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 3:59 pm 

1911fan wrote:

Lindeys does NOT post.

You will not rise to the occasion; you will default to your level of training

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 8:09 pm 
Longtime Regular

tsquared wrote:
1911fan wrote:

Lindeys does NOT post.

GREAT steaks and meal served family style IIRC. They're a bit rustic compared to the others though. GREAT steak but the decor and ambiance leave a bit to be desired

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 8:26 pm 
Longtime Regular

plblark wrote:
tsquared wrote:
1911fan wrote:

Lindeys does NOT post.

GREAT steaks and meal served family style IIRC. They're a bit rustic compared to the others though. GREAT steak but the decor and ambiance leave a bit to be desired

Agreed, it's a no-nonsense kind of joint. I've really enjoyed it the couple times I've been there, but wouldn't think of going there for a romantic dinner.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 8:38 pm 
Longtime Regular

idonthaveaname wrote:
Kinbrae Steakhouse: one square mile? (from wiki) big town huh? :D I don't think I'm going to have a chance to get down there to try it so I'll take your word that they are really good (if you tell me it's worth a drive from the cities maybe I'll give it a shot though).

adding to list...

The place looks like a machine shed on the outside, but the bar area is pretty nice inside. They also have three other new Kinbrae Steakhouses in norther IA that look very upscale inside and out, but the food is not as good in my opinion. They are also known around this area for their champagne brunch they have on Sundays. I would say the food is as good if not better than Manny's but the building is not. If you are in the area I would definitely give it a try. They get people from all over the country that stop in again and again when in the area.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 8:55 pm 

If you're ever up in the north side of the cities, try Bella in Blaine. I was there last Saturday (3rd anniversary, thank you very much! :P ), and they were not posted.

Classy place, VERY nice decor/atmosphere, good wait staff and GREAT food. Little pricey though...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 12:00 pm 

the Port Restaurant in the St. James Hotel in Red Wing doesnt post, very nice place to go.

http://www.st-james-hotel.com/new/dining/port.php

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 7:42 am 

Crap! I received a gift certificate for Manny's and they're posted :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 7:46 am 
Longtime Regular

It sounds to me like the hotel is posted not Manny's. The Hyatt has a mall of a number of different shops and actually some offices too. The Hyatt's posting would be non-compliant under the landlord statute.

Besides, I'm pretty sure if you enter from the parking garage on the second level where Manny's is, there is no sign. At least I didn't notice it last time I went that way.

If you ask real nice, I'll check it out this afternoon. I may even provide photos. :wink:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 7:48 am 
The Man

mnosretep wrote:
Crap! I received a gift certificate for Manny's and they're posted :(
Want to have some fun? Call them up -- identifying yourself only with your first name -- and ask to speak to the manager.

"I just got a gift certificate to your restaurant, and I'm really excited. Is it as good as everybody says it is?"

[He makes some bragging remark.]

"Great, because I've got some friends I've been dying to go out for a great dinner with. Just one question. You don't still have those silly NO GUNS signs up, do you?"

[He admits that he does.]

"Darn. And I so was hoping to come. If I send in the gift certificate, can you get the refund check out on the same day you get it?"

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 9:01 am 

I was away from Computers yesterday but I've updated my first post now.

Lindey's/Kinbrae: I've excluded those two; it sounds like the both make a great cut of meat but I think there's more to a "high end" restaurant than being able to cook a steak well.

Port at St. James Hotel: that could be a fun weekend getaway for the wife and I. added it.

Bella: they don't have any pics on their website, are they brand new? looked interesting anyway, added.

Manny's: it's been a while since I did my checking but I did try the entrances from the muni parking ramp and they were posted there as well (damnit). I really like Joel's idea regarding the gift certificate though; that's even better than the "no guns/no money" business cards as they can see the direct economic impact on them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 9:04 am 

DeanC: If you can find a way into Manny's that isn't posted please let me know; I'd like to go back but won't if there's a sign (even if it's a Hyatt sign). If there's an entrance that isn't posted by Hyatt and they don't have a sign on their immediate entrance I'll do business with them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 10:57 am 

idonthaveaname wrote:
Bella: they don't have any pics on their website, are they brand new? looked interesting anyway, added.

This is a fairly accurate picture of the exterior from their home page. It is a relatively new joint (opened last summer/spring sometime I believe). At night, the exterior of the building is lit up with these really neat LED panels that change color...very cool. Interior decor/atmosphere is very unique. They also have patio seating.

This is the same ownership as Bellanotte in mpls. Check out their web page...the gallery is rather limited, but the shot of the bar looks almost identical to the bar area at Bella.

Geez...with all the plugs here you would think I work for them. I don't, but I live in the area and my wife and I have designated it as our favorite local "fancy" restaurant....and I carry concealed every time I'm there.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.