Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:40 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Interesting posting at Jared Galleria of Jewelry 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:24 am 
Longtime Regular

chinakay wrote:
Yeah, it sure worked for that Selurcspi dude :D

That's worth a trip to Rochester............. :roll:

ETA: for jewelry not single women......:oops:

Post subject: Jared's New Sign
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:41 pm 
Longtime Regular

I don't know if this is better or worse the the first sign they had.

I was going to take my son to Jared's in Burnsville this past weekend to get my wife a birthday present. I saw this sign at the door, stopped long enough to take this picture, then, honoring the owner's wishes, spent my money elsewhere.

It's hard to read part of it. The whole sign says:
Quote:
No person shall carry, possess, have under the person's control, convey or attempt to convey a firearm, concealed firearm, dangerous ordnance, handgun, or deadly weapon on or onto this land parking lot or premises.

I think this is the most original, and certainly the most humorous, anti sign I've seen. Certainly we can pick it apart for the lack of being compliant, the multiple redundancies, and even the overstepping of any authority the owner has, but I think the sign speaks for itself. To me it said, "I don't want your $300."

Sorry about the crappy photo...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:56 am 
Longtime Regular

Wow.

Somebody must feel strongly about this to change that sign. I wonder if somebody told them the previous sign was not "legal" because it did not meet the requirements of law. Jared Jewers has 1300 stores across the country but only 4 in MN, according to the website. And that chain is just a subsdiary of Sterling Jewelers which in turn is owned by Signet Jewelers, headquartered in the United Kingdom.

I suppose their experience with guns is probably limited to hold-ups. Maybe somebody gave them a "No guns, No money" card. If so, it didn't work.

Do it yourself lawyers often find "laws" to paraphrase, in an attempt to be "legal", and that might be the situation here.

Somebody who posts on this board sometimes tells us:

"DON'T WISE UP A CHUMP!"

Maybe that's appropriate advice here?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:20 am 
Longtime Regular

I wasn't planning on telling them they're sign was wrong, just posting about it here in the "Posted Victim Disarmament Zones" forum.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:42 am 
Longtime Regular

Please DO wise them up...

...by sending them a copy of the receipt showing them where you spent the money that could have been theirs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:54 am 
Longtime Regular

Andrew Rothman wrote:

...by sending them a copy of the receipt showing them where you spent the money that could have been theirs.

That part I was going to wise them up to. I've already sent them an email and am going to follow that up with a call. I think it helps if they hear a calm, rational, articulate person on the phone voicing their concerns.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:01 am 
Wise Elder

Lenny7 wrote:
I think it helps if they hear a calm, rational, articulate person on the phone voicing their concerns.

No, it doesn't. You'll learn. :bang:

They are owned by a BRITISH company. All "Political class" Britons are terrified of guns except in the hands of their own servants (i.e., the police). It's company policy from corporate HQ.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:35 am 
Longtime Regular

That is a great sign. I bet if they worked at it, they could get enough text to cover the entire door.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:43 am 
Longtime Regular

DeanC wrote:
That is a great sign. I bet if they worked at it, they could get enough text to cover the entire door.

How about:
Quote:
No person, man, woman, child, animal, or creature shall carry, tote, lift, own, include, incorporate, possess, have under the person's control, have in the person's thoughts, convey, attempt to convey, or even consider having a firearm, concealed firearm, pistol, hidden pistol, dangerous ordnance, handgun, covered-up handgun, deadly weapon or any other scary stuff on or onto or into or above or approaching this land, lot, building, structure, framework, parking lot, pavement, roadway, location or premises.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:07 am 
Longtime Regular

kimberman wrote:
Lenny7 wrote:
I think it helps if they hear a calm, rational, articulate person on the phone voicing their concerns.

No, it doesn't. You'll learn. :bang:

They are owned by a BRITISH company. All "Political class" Britons are terrified of guns except in the hands of their own servants (i.e., the police). It's company policy from corporate HQ.

They don't even like the Old Bill having firearms, a 14" truncheon is supposed to be more than enough to take on the young drug dealers with inported UZIs
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

UT BCI Certified Conceal/Carry Instructor

"If you expect the police to always be able to protect you, why are the ones who show up at crimes called 'detectives' instead of 'defenders'? Detectives try to find a criminal after they've committed a crime."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:57 pm 
Longtime Regular

Lenny7 wrote:
Andrew Rothman wrote:

That part I was going to wise them up to. I've already sent them an email and am going to follow that up with a call. I think it helps if they hear a calm, rational, articulate person on the phone voicing their concerns.

Somebody once told me "If you want the Army to do something, it won't help to talk to one of the soldiers".

A big company like this will "respond" the same way the Army would, no matter how calm, rational, and articulate you are.

If they respond at all, they'll simply have Minnesota counsel tell them how to word the sign. But any decision maker at the company probably has no idea where in the world Minnesota is even located.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:15 pm 
Longtime Regular

All I plan on telling them is that they lost $xxx.xx because of their sign. I'm NOT going to tell them why they should take down sign, why it's non-compliant, or why their whole philosophy is wrong. All business cares about is profit. My measly amount won't mean anything to them, but I'm going to tell them anyway.

As I've state previously, my goal is not a correctly worded sign. I don't care if they take down the sign, or change it, or not. I certainly don't expect them to. There are plenty of other jewelry stores out there to choose from. This just helps narrow down my choices.

Quite frankly, I think jewelry is a complete waste of money, but sometimes I have to feed the beast so I can continue with my hobbies with a minimal amount of interference or harassment.

Last edited by Lenny7 on Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:32 pm 
Longtime Regular

Lenny7 wrote:
All I plan on telling them is that they lost $xxx.xx because of their sign. I'm going to tell them why they should take down sign, why it's non-compliant, or why their who philosophy is wrong. All business cares about is profit.

Just to rehash this, DON'T TELL THEM HOW TO WORD IT. They'll investigate it, and go to the legislature to get the law "Fixed" so that the signs hold weight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:35 pm 
Longtime Regular

mnglocker wrote:
Lenny7 wrote:
All I plan on telling them is that they lost $xxx.xx because of their sign. I'm going to tell them why they should take down sign, why it's non-compliant, or why their who philosophy is wrong. All business cares about is profit.

Just to rehash this, DON'T TELL THEM HOW TO WORD IT. They'll investigate it, and go to the legislature to get the law "Fixed" so that the signs hold weight.

Sorry, I mis-typed. It should have read "I'm not going to tell them...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:36 pm 
Longtime Regular

Bingo, perfect.

I make a it a point to have the NO GUNS = NO MONEY cards on me at all times if I see one of these signs.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.