Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:13 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Is the Dinkytowner posted? 
 Post subject: Is the Dinkytowner posted?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:58 pm 

As a jack-pine savage I rarely venture south of Forest Lake. I will be attending a 'going away - family friendly' session at the Dinkytowner on Saturday night. I am twitchy about going but the one-who-must-be-obeyed informed me this is the chance to hear her brother play before the band leaves for Japan. Any info on parking or certain places to avoid would be greatly appreciated.
thanks,
Tex

"I disagree with what you say, but I would fight to the death for your right to say it." Voltaire

"I may not be allowed to eat the apples any more, but strolling through the orchard is certainly pleasant." Chunkstyle

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:11 pm 
Longtime Regular

Last time I was there it wasn't posted. I parked on the street at a meter between 13th&14th 1 block east of huron.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:36 am 

Interesting trip to the big city. No the 'dinkytowner' is not posted.
The brother-in-law's band is punk and plays for 20 minutes. I asked his girlfriend why only 20 minutes? "any more than that and I just can't take it" I should have known when he gave his folks a set of ear-plugs. I thought it was a joke - no, it was real. I could have touched off a 500 mag and you wouldn't have heard it. The accoustic guy before them was nice for the size of the place.
So for the record.
Dinkytowner not posted - very good
cheap beer - good
family - wonderful
punk band - well, they're relatives
realizing you are getting old - priceless

"I disagree with what you say, but I would fight to the death for your right to say it." Voltaire

"I may not be allowed to eat the apples any more, but strolling through the orchard is certainly pleasant." Chunkstyle

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.