Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:25 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Creekside Community Center, Bloomington 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:10 pm 

Ms Sorensen seems to be playing fast and loose with confidential permit information. Who should this breach be reported to?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:44 am 
Longtime Regular

I suspect that a simple phone book lookup was performed. Nothing illegal about that. Then it starts to look like a fishing trip. It's along the lines of implied consent and searches. If I confirm or deny a simple question, she gets to use the information and not admit she potentially gained it through less than clean means.

but yeah, it did hit a few buttons.

I'll be very interested in what the chief has to say.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:07 am 
Activist Extraordinaire

plblark wrote:

Quote:
An update of sorts and a request. Let's not flay the chief before we give him a chance to be prompt, professional, and Courteous which he has been to now

Agreed. He seems to be deserving of a chance to get it right. He's corresponding with you in a professional manner, at least.

This Sorensen woman is another case entirely. What an arrogant so and so.

"Some Things Are Worth Fighting For"
Judas Priest

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:18 am 
Longtime Regular

My hope is that the chief reads it, has the same buttons pushed that I did, and corrects her in such a way to make sure it never happens again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:29 am 
Delicate Flower

plbark and reaver on the same mission :shock: This could be interesting.
Nice work so far plbark :)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:27 am 

plblark,
I am not sure Ms. Sorensen's actions are as innocent as you believe. She seems to have sent purchase permit information to an emailer she admits is unidentified. Congratulations for making 'the list' in Bloomington.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:38 am 
Longtime Regular

point. As well as a full name and city of residence in reply to a query from a free e-mail service.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:57 am 
Longtime Regular

Sandi Sorensen = officious bureaucrat in training for childish hoplophopbia

Makes me want to look her up and ask her personal questions about her lifestyle choices.

Last edited by DeanC on Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:31 am 
The Man

DeanC wrote:
Sandi Sorensen = officious [something]
Makes me want to look her up and ask her personal questions about her lifestyle choices.

Yeah, but you don't get to call names, even if you (or I) think they're deserved. You get to attack behavior, sure.

Please edit your post accordingly.

I'd rather, of course, that nobody do to Ms. Sorenson what she did to plblark; while I've heard that sauce for the goose also works for gander, I've also heard that two wrongs don't cancel each other out, or something like that.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:41 am 
Longtime Regular

Joel,

I agree. Two wrongs don't make a right and it could actually hinder the desired outcome. If it gets to name calling and playing tough too early, it could derail any chance of a calm, reasoned, appropriate response from the chief. Which is what I'm hoping happens.

I'm reminded of the Henn Co Library thing where every avenue was tried first. That gives the officials involved the opportunity to do the legal, right thing at any time.

Thanks all for keeping your eyes on this and to Jim for the picture and original sighting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:46 am 
Longtime Regular

How fights get started:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:18 pm 
Longtime Regular

DeanC wrote:
How fights get started:

Now Dean,
Go sit in the coner. I think management should give you a time out. One second for every year of your age. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh, by the way. Your funny!!! :lol: :twisted: :lol:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:46 pm 
Longtime Regular

I'm still laughing.................................but then again, I'm a very sick puppy 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:55 pm 

Wow, I haven't been around on a regular basis, I'm surprised by the response.

My first reaction was to go down to the police station and crab at them for their ridiculous request. But then figured it was playing right into what they wanted.

I already have a very bad opinion of them in the way I was treated on a traffic stop a few years ago. They pulled me over for expired tabs (had them in the glove box, but hadn't put them on due to bad weather and then forgot about them). To do this, they tailgated me to the the point of intimidation, called in reinforcements and blocked off the street when they pulled me over. 3 of the 4 officers were behind their doors "ready" with guns unholstered while the other guy talked to me about my expired tabs. This isn't the forum though to start a discussion about that...

100 bucks BTW... :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:23 pm 
Longtime Regular

Damn, JC, that seems a bit harsh. When I was wearing the badge and stumbled across a faux pas like that, I'd give a good ass chewing and send them on their way. If weather permitted, I'd make them put them on right then and there. Hell, we're all human. No need to have guns drawn for expired tabs unless the vehicle fit the description of a major crime that had just recently happened. And then to write a ticket on TOP of that when the tabs were actually present with the vehicle is just to the point of being fascist.

"...quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." [...a sword never kills anybody; it's a tool in the killer's hand.] -- (Lucius Annaeus) Seneca "the Younger" (ca. 4 BC-65 AD),

The Nanny State MUST DIE!!!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.