Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:01 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Best Buy Corporate Headquarters 
 Post subject: Best Buy Corporate Headquarters
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:31 am 

Visited the Star Wars jawa transports today. Upon entering the front door, a nice security person requests everything from your pockets and you walk through a metal detector. Yes, the building is posted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:21 am 
Longtime Regular

Their data center is not posted nor does it have metal detectors. :roll: :roll: u

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:31 pm 

tell me about it my gf works there as a buyer
security up the ass

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:32 pm 
Journeyman Member

They also get away with posting the parking lot. Since the parking lot can only be entered by emplyees with a security card, it can be posted "no guns" just like the building.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:50 pm 
Longtime Regular

Not according to the law, it can't.

Quote:
Subd. 17. Posting; trespass.
(b) As used in this subdivision, the terms in this paragraph have the meanings given.
(4) "Private establishment" means a building, structure, or portion thereof that is owned, leased, controlled, or operated by a nongovernmental entity for a nongovernmental purpose.
(c) The owner or operator of a private establishment may not prohibit the lawful carry or possession of firearms in a parking facility or parking area.

MP9 wrote:
They also get away with posting the parking lot. Since the parking lot can only be entered by emplyees with a security card, it can be posted "no guns" just like the building.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:39 am 

I work at the Best Buy office in Richfield (unfortunately not in the capacity to get rid of the signs). I can't remember the last time I entered from the public lot, so I can't speak to the signage there. However, the employee parking lot isn't posted. The signs are right at the employee entrances.

Not that I agree with them, but I do believe they are following the law as written.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:27 am 
Wise Elder

But they do not post their retail stores. That's the big win.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.