Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:56 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
 Regal 20 Cinema in Brooklyn Center 
 Post subject: Regal 20 Cinema in Brooklyn Center
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:05 am 

Didn't notice this until I bought my ticket. The illegal "posting" consists of a picture of a gun with a line through it an the phrase "The carrying of concealed firearms is prohibited on these premises."

It's about the size of a bumper sticker and is part of a larger poster which has other information on it. It's tacked to the wall adjacent the ticket booth.

I've always patronized them because they were close to home, but so are a lot of other non-posted theatres.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 7:07 pm 
Longtime Regular

I'd say with the little sign, they're being a little patronizing, too! :)

Post subject: Re: Regal 20 Cinema in Brooklyn Center
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 7:32 pm 
Forum Moderator/<br>AV Geek

Erik_Pakieser wrote:
"The carrying of concealed firearms is prohibited on these premises."

I think you know what to do.... Carry open. It's right there in black and white.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 8:26 pm 
Delicate Flower

Pakrat wrote:
Erik_Pakieser wrote:
"The carrying of concealed firearms is prohibited on these premises."

I think you know what to do.... Carry open. It's right there in black and white.

Tempting..................

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:47 am 
On time out

Wow, I have been there one time, and I don't remember seeing the sign. I must only keep an eye peeled for legally valid postings or something.

Well, no matter; my friend & I walked right by a uniformed LEO to enter the theater that night. With the attitude most people have, they probably figure that no evil gun would dare waltz right by a cop to get inside :?, not that I would've been under suspicion anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 2:17 pm 
Longtime Regular

I would never go to the moview without being armed!

They are a hang out for teens and young "adults" with not a whole lot to do. I would never leave my gun in the trunk in one of the open aired lots either.

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:06 pm 
Longtime Regular

People can be so rude, I don't even like to go to movie theaters anymore.
Someone is always kicking the back of my chair, or putting their shoes up on my seat back, or crackling candy wrappers, talking, and other rude behavior. Takes all the fun out of enjoying the show. I can wait a couple months, rent the DVD, and watch it on my home theater screen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:43 pm 

The Riverhills Mall theater is posted the same way. I didn't care the first time I saw the sign and care even less now. It's a Cinemark chain theater so I'm guessing it's a company sign.

But yeah, I don't go to the movies much either. Rather wait and rent it later. Plus I chose to go everywhere armed.

Steelheart

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:32 am 
Longtime Regular

Brewman wrote:
People can be so rude, I don't even like to go to movie theaters anymore.
Someone is always kicking the back of my chair, or putting their shoes up on my seat back, or crackling candy wrappers, talking, and other rude behavior. Takes all the fun out of enjoying the show. I can wait a couple months, rent the DVD, and watch it on my home theater screen.

Agreed, the wife and I haven't been to the movies in about 4 or 5 years. For the cost of going I can buy it too.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:30 am 

I was a this theatre on Sunday. I didn't see any signs - legal or otherwise. I wasn't specifically looking for them, but if they were there, I should have seen them.

TomK
Mpls, MN

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:53 pm 
Longtime Regular

Srigs wrote:
I would never go to the moview without being armed!

They are a hang out for teens and young "adults" with not a whole lot to do. I would never leave my gun in the trunk in one of the open aired lots either.

+1

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 1:05 pm 

The Riverhills mall theater's sign is between the two ticket lines. There is no other sign that I've spotted. It would be easy to miss.

Steelheart

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:07 am 

Erik_Pakieser wrote:
Didn't notice this until I bought my ticket. The illegal "posting" consists of a picture of a gun with a line through it an the phrase "The carrying of concealed firearms is prohibited on these premises."

It's about the size of a bumper sticker and is part of a larger poster which has other information on it. It's tacked to the wall adjacent the ticket booth.

That's wierd, I've been there twice in the last month or so, and I didn't see it either time. Now I need to go back there just to see for myself :-)

TK

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.