Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:45 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Champps - Eden Prairie 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:37 pm 

tepin wrote:
chinakay wrote:
Sign's been there from Day One. Improper, yes... it's way more than four feet from the door.

The Champps at Ridgedale is not posted.

I have been there many times and have never seen a sign.

I was there on Friday evening 4/14/06. They do indeed have an illegally posted sign.

It's a brass colored sign (which is too small) posted to the left of the second set of entry doors in the vestibule.

Very hard to see, improper placement and improper color & size.

Bottom line.... my XD-9SC was on my waist the entire time. Dinner went fine.

Mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:23 pm 
Longtime Regular

Moby Clarke wrote:
Brewman wrote:
Moby Clarke wrote:
On a unrelated topic, there was a guy sitting kind of kitty corner to us who stared at me for a good 2 or 3 minutes. Not sure what his deal was, but he never said anything. Too wierd.

My guess is pistol envy. As in "Golly, I sure wish my wife would let me do that!"

What else could it be?

Well, not to brag, but I do have a big, uh, I mean, carry a big pistol. It's a Glock 19. :lol: :lol:

The 19 has a 4" barrel, right? I guess it would be immature to say, mine's an inch bigger.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:17 pm 
Longtime Regular

someone1980 wrote:
"Their restaurant; their rules" is interesting. Any known places that welcome people who carry (other then the one mentioned recently)?

The Gopher Bar in St. Paul, if that's not the one you were already thinking of.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 8:37 pm 
Longtime Regular

And finally a picture of the nice shiny brass sign...

-Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 9:34 pm 
Longtime Regular

e5usmc wrote:

No, no, you're supposed to have your date hold a yardstick next to the sign while you snap, to determine if it's of legal size! :)

Just kidding. Thanks for the pic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 6:48 am 
Longtime Regular

The only item I had on me - that I could have used to establish the scale of the sign - had a 4.5 inch barrel on it...

I'll try harder next time, Andrew... :wink:

-Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Champp's Brooklyn Center Improper posting
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 6:59 am 
Longtime Regular

Moby Clarke wrote:
I took the family to the Champps just off Silver Lake Rd and 694. They are posted, though when you approach the door from the parking lot you can not see the sign. I caught it coming out. While there, I was open carrying as I did not have a covering T-Shirt. No one said anything.

On a unrelated topic, there was a guy sitting kind of kitty corner to us who stared at me for a good 2 or 3 minutes. Not sure what his deal was, but he never said anything. Too wierd.

I was just going to post about this. Because of the way the entry is set up, if you come in from the regular Champp's parking lot, you will never see the sign. the entry is something like a door, with two walls going at 45 or so degrees back towards the building to make a bump out of sdorts. The sign faces the parking lot for what used to be a liquor store IIRC.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:20 am 
Longtime Regular

FWIW, I was at Champps Burnsville (Hwy 42) recently, and could not find a sign, looked pretty hard because of this post. Not that I'd care, actually, I was just going to hand them my card and go somewhere else where I'm more welcome.

"Build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life." ~ unknown

Never been tazered. (yet).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:41 am 
Longtime Regular

If you tried to find the sign, and couldn't see it, there was no sign.
Even if there was, there wasn't.

Want a good place to eat- pop over a mile east on 42 and Nicollet, by the Holiday Inn, and stop in the Roadhouse Grill.

That place isn't posted. And they have some pretty good food- and all the free peanuts you can gorge yourself on.
Their prime rib and steaks are just as good or better than Timberlodge or Outback- both in the vicinity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:46 am 
Longtime Regular

Brewman wrote:
Want a good place to eat- pop over a mile east on 42 and Nicollet, by the Holiday Inn, and stop in the Roadhouse Grill.

Been there, and I agree. Pretty good food, and I love peanuts!

"Build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life." ~ unknown

Never been tazered. (yet).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:52 am 

The individual restaurants in Champps chain are not all owned by the same person. I know this because my co. sells to them. Some of the Champps carry our stuff, and some others do not. Same with “Thou shallt not carry” signs…

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:19 pm 
Longtime Regular

My wife and I go to the Champps in Maple Grove (they are not posted that we can find).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:32 pm 

e5usmc wrote:

The exact same sign is posted at the Champps in Richfield....never even noticed it before, and I (used to) go there a lot for the Sunday brunch with relatives. Pity, Champps is a pretty decent place as far as sports bars go for chow...

American Legion Post #102, Anoka, MN
--------
.45 ACP - When you care enough to send the very best...

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.