Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:06 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Is there another recourse to places that post illegally? 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:12 pm 
Wise Elder

Leave it alone.

At worst, you'll get the law changed to make ENTRY into a posted area a GROSS MISDEMEANOR. At best, you'll get ENTRY made a MISDEMEANOR!

Continuing to bring this issue up is a NO WIN proposition for gun owners.

This is a public forum. Anyone can read it.
Quote:
I say with great firmness, let's let this particularly peacefully sleeping dog lie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:58 am 

Listen some of this is said in jest and out of frustration. Just because it is brought up here doesn't give ammunition to our opponents. If we are going to excercise our 2nd ammendment rights we shouldn't then be afraid to exercise our first ammendment rights.
Duck there is a Black helicopter behind you,
Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:23 am 
The Man

simian12 wrote:
Listen some of this is said in jest and out of frustration. Just because it is brought up here doesn't give ammunition to our opponents.
Please trust Joe -- and me, for that matter -- that something brought up in public can and will be used in and out of context by our opponents, even if it's said in jest and/or out of frustration. That's safe to predict, as it's happened.

And do remember that the CSM folks watch this Forum carefully. (Hi, Rebecca! Milk any more big checks out of the Joyce Foundation lately?)

That said, I do disagree with Joe about some of the whole discussing-the-posting stuff.

Odds are that he is right about what formula would or wouldn't work to create a valid posting in places that have posted invalidly. We certainly don't want that.

That said, if that were to happen, it wouldn't be the end of the world -- even a valid posting doesn't do much of anything, after all. (And, for that, you can thank Joe, whose influence on that part of the law was, to put it mildly, more than very significant.)

On the other hand, getting involved in the Posting Wars was a huge tactical and strategic mistake by the opposition, as it was a dramatic failure, and would be, in the future -- even valid postings at such a small percentage of eligible establishments drives home the message (something with a little help :) ) that only a fraction of a percent of eligible establishments elect to post at all.

And that's a very useful message for our side.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Not the solution
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:17 pm 

Staging a mass open carry into the Mall of America is not the way to make an attempt to fix this.

As some of us have brough up, a landlord cannot keep his or her tenants and their guests from carrying. I asked in another topic if anyone has written to MOA about this or perhaps if a lawyer has any comments on this??

Writing letters is a much better solution.

If I were to write a letter, I'd be inclined to pose an example... consider the following;

Person A (with a long police record and no permit to carry) decides to go into the mall with a stolen pistol and shoot up a few people.

The first possible outcome is that MOA is posted and nobody is (legally) carrying handguns. Seventeen people get killed or wounded and since cops and rent-a-cops can't be everywhere at once, the shooter gets away.

The second is MOA is NOT posted and, lo and behold, seven people in the immediate vicinity happen to be permit holders and are packing.

Which outcome would YOU rather be a part of?

Posting an establishment won't keep people like Person A out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:50 pm 
Longtime Regular

I'd like to see a few "We Welcome Responsible Citizens, Armed Or Otherwise" signs around town.

Anyone work in the printing business?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:53 pm 
Longtime Regular

Joe, LOL, Bill's could be the first to do that. You don't need a printing company, just do it from your pc!!

"...quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." [...a sword never kills anybody; it's a tool in the killer's hand.] -- (Lucius Annaeus) Seneca "the Younger" (ca. 4 BC-65 AD),

The Nanny State MUST DIE!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:30 pm 
Wise Elder

The operator of MOA, Simon Properties DOES NOT post their several Malls in Indianapolis although they could.

I suggest a better starting point for debate with them would be "Why do you discriminate against your Minnesota customers?" It should put them on the defensive. No one likes those who discriminate.

Maybe a big "anti-discrimination" protest would get some undesireable TV coverage. Walking around the perimeter (legally) with signs that said in big letters "MOA DISCRIMINATES AGAINST ITS MINNESOTA CUSTOMERS" with smaller but legible print that says "because they let state licensed carry permit holders protect themselves in their Indianapolis shopping Malls." would get the attention of cars driving customers to the Mall. Some cars would turn around or drive by.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:45 am 
The Man

KimberMan wrote:
The operator of MOA, Simon Properties DOES NOT post their several Malls in Indianapolis although they could.

I suggest a better starting point for debate with them would be "Why do you discriminate against your Minnesota customers?" It should put them on the defensive. No one likes those who discriminate.

Maybe a big "anti-discrimination" protest would get some undesireable TV coverage. Walking around the perimeter (legally) with signs that said in big letters "MOA DISCRIMINATES AGAINST ITS MINNESOTA CUSTOMERS" with smaller but legible print that says "because they let state licensed carry permit holders protect themselves in their Indianapolis shopping Malls." would get the attention of cars driving customers to the Mall. Some cars would turn around or drive by.

Hmmm... one eblast, one set of press releases, a dozen people with signs. . . I'm in.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:33 am 
Longtime Regular

Send me their email adresses and the wife and I will fire a few off too.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:04 am 
Longtime Regular

Hi All,
I'm a long time Lurker, (and a permit holder from day 1) now a new member, I've been wondering if there has been any further thoughts on this protest at MOA, this sounds like an eminently sensible way to wake up the local Mall management. I would suggest that the parent management be notified an hour or two before the demonstration is due to begin and photos be sent within minutes of the start. Optimally each photo should be labeled with a description outlining what is going on in the shot, especially if someone turns around and leaves the Mall premises. I’m sure we could stir up the local TV jackals and if some of the senior members were willing to go on camera (understanding the slant of the editing staff), we could put a good face on our cause. Well, I think that’s enough from me in my DeLurking post, I’m interested to see what everyone thinks!

UT BCI Certified Conceal/Carry Instructor

"If you expect the police to always be able to protect you, why are the ones who show up at crimes called 'detectives' instead of 'defenders'? Detectives try to find a criminal after they've committed a crime."

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.