Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 6:35 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 MOA 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:28 am 
Longtime Regular

There's not been one yet.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:56 am 

jdege wrote:
There's not been one yet.

Then again, they don't require them to post in their lease yet...

Post subject: The signs have been changed
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:42 am 

I was there a few days ago, and now the signs at all the parking ramp enterances are between the first and second set of doors, and now there is only one small sign on your left as you walk in.

Post subject: Was at MOA yesterday...
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:27 pm 

...and did not see any signs - and I was looking for them!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:00 pm 

That is odd.. such a change.. It has me a bit curious..

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:13 pm 

i noticed that too. BIG signs at the transit center when you come in from the train/bus, but when you get to the east entrance no signs whatsoever. needless to say i was packing (the only way to ride metrotransit), and just ignored the signs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:43 am 
Longtime Regular

the_interpreter wrote:
i noticed that too. BIG signs at the transit center when you come in from the train/bus, but when you get to the east entrance no signs whatsoever. needless to say i was packing (the only way to ride metrotransit), and just ignored the signs.

You weren't on the #5 bus, were you? If so, it's probable you weren't the only person packing on that bus!

Not to cause thread drift or anything like that, but does Metro Transit have rules for carrying? I've not been able to find anything online that addresses the issue of carrying on the bus/light rail.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:00 am 
The Man

Old Dude wrote:
the_interpreter wrote:

You weren't on the #5 bus, were you? If so, it's probable you weren't the only person packing on that bus!

Not to cause thread drift or anything like that, but does Metro Transit have rules for carrying? I've not been able to find anything online that addresses the issue of carrying on the bus/light rail.
They do and they don't. The Transit Police actually know the law. The drivers have been instructed that it's unlawful to carry on the bus (wrong), and that if they see somebody carrying, they're to call the Transit cops. (Not necessarily illegal; bus drivers don't have the authority to demand the production of a permit, and probably shouldn't be encouraged to confront armed people, given that some of the armed people will be criminals.)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:04 am 
Forum Moderator/<br>AV Geek

Old Dude wrote:

Here is a likely answer:

Metro Transit:
Quote:
Metro Transit funding
Metro Transit is an operating division of the Metropolitan Council.

Metropoloitan Council:
Quote:
History
The Minnesota Legislature established the Metropolitan Council in 1967 to coordinate planning and development within the Twin Cities metropolitan area and to address issues that could not be adequately addressed with existing governmental arrangements. Additional legislative acts in 1974, 1976 and 1994 strengthened the Council's planning and policy roles, and merged the functions of three agencies (the Metropolitan Transit Commission, the Regional Transit Board and the Metropolitan Waste Control Commission) into one — the Metropolitan Council.

Governmental entity=no posting

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:06 am 
Longtime Regular

That's very interesting, Joel. Thanks!

Since we don't have an automobile, we go to Bill's on the #5 and #14 buses. This isn't a problem if we're carrying only handguns as I stuff them into a backpack (which becomes quite heavy at that point). However, we do have long guns in cases that don't scream "GUN IN HERE!" to the unitiated.

On at least two occasions, though, bus drivers have known we had rifles with us. One of them tried to ignore it. The other, seeing the cases, asked what kind of instruments those were. I leaned over and said, very quietly, "Very loud instruments. Rifles." He grabbed at the fare box in mock horror.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:21 am 
Longtime Regular

I talk to my drivers, and at least one of them is well aware that I carry on his bus. I'm fairly certain that it's completely legal to do so..

One of our instructors is head of security for the light rail. I'll have to ask him about it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:29 am 
Forum Moderator/<br>AV Geek

Another- "Plymouth Metrolink is operated by the City of Plymouth ..."

Couldn't find anything on MVTA...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:39 pm 

old dude, i use the #22 and #14 to get to bill's. i wish we could get a bus that ran down dowling to robbinsdale transit center (oh and that runs on the weekends). that would be ideal for many reasons. my ccw permit instructor also confirmed that guns are not illegal on metrotransit because it is a public space. btw i took the #724 and light rail to get to MOA

Quote:

where would they be carrying? i have always thought it would be tough to carry when your pants are AROUND YOUR KNEES! LOL

ATTN ADMIN:
perhaps these bus posts should be moved to their own thread titled metrotransit. seems i am assisting in the severe drift away from the MOA topic. it also would be helpful for other non drivers!

Post subject: So...
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:19 pm 

...What about the current postings and understanding of the law with regards to the MOA?

Post subject: Re: So...
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:06 am 

Pat wrote:
...What about the current postings and understanding of the law with regards to the MOA?

People tend to ignore them, since they are a landlord and shouldn't be posting. They can ask you to leave, and if they do, leave. There's no penalty unless you don't leave.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.