Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:50 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
 Super Cuts, Owatonna, MN 
 Post subject: Super Cuts, Owatonna, MN
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:33 am 
Longtime Regular

Posted no guns allowed!

Post subject: Re: Super Cuts, Owatonna, MN
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:15 pm 

Five Seven wrote:
Posted no guns allowed!

Same with the one at Tamarack Village in Woodbury, unfortunately.

DJ

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:37 pm 
Longtime Regular

Went in with my wife once and left it in the glove box. A sheriff deputy came in and scheduled a haircut for like 20min later. I asked the lady, why he could come in with a gun, and I had to leave mine in the car, she just laughed like I was kidding. The next time I just concealed it. F-em...........

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:45 am 
Longtime Regular

djstaehlin wrote:

If you need to get your haircut in Woodbury, give Maple Leaf barber a shot. They are in the strip mall on Radio, near valley creek. The strip mall with the Subway. I haven't been there in a while, but they always did a good job, quickly got you in a chair, and charged a fair price. I like the Maple Leaf in Oakdale even better though.

Last time I was there they weren't posted, and I'd be shocked if they were now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:03 pm 
Longtime Regular

One of the stylists at the Shakopee Great Clips told me they'd never be posted. I go there all the time now, and I carry discreetly.

"We're either gonna be the best of friends or there's gonna be a whole lotta shootin' goin' on."

"I think it's a good thing for serving cops to mix with non-cops in a situation where they understand that they aren't in charge." -JoelR

"You'd be amazed at the things a bullet can stop." -Old Irish Proverb

Last edited by Binky .357 on Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:08 pm 

SultanOfBrunei wrote:
djstaehlin wrote:

If you need to get your haircut in Woodbury, give Maple Leaf barber a shot. They are in the strip mall on Radio, near valley creek. The strip mall with the Subway. I haven't been there in a while, but they always did a good job, quickly got you in a chair, and charged a fair price. I like the Maple Leaf in Oakdale even better though.

Last time I was there they weren't posted, and I'd be shocked if they were now.

Thanks. I may check them out.

DJ

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:23 pm 
Longtime Regular

Great Clips, Super Cuts, et al: They are to barbering/hairstyling what McDonald's is to fine dining.

There are plenty of private ownership hair care places that welcome permit holders.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:30 pm 

I strongly recommend Steve at Kenwood Barbers in MPLS - next door to Sebastian Joe's Ice Cream. Great haircut, fair price, and he laughs when I pull my jacket back to show him which gun I plan to protect him with during my visit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:57 pm 
Longtime Regular

The barber shop in the Wayzata bay center is listed under the pro-carry businesses.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:53 am 
Longtime Regular

Traveler wrote:
Great Clips, Super Cuts, et al: They are to barbering/hairstyling what McDonald's is to fine dining.

Nah. Let's face it: some people have challenging hair to cut, and some don't. Any monkey with a sharp pair of scissors could cut my hair, and do it quicker every year.

Now, at my local Great Clips, in Chanhassen, I not only carry, but have invited my stylist to my class, and successfully sold a class in the waiting area. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:47 am 

The Mrs and I stopped in there(Owatonna Store) last Friday on the way to the Steele County Free Fair. I asked for the manager, but, "she won't be in until 3p.m." So, I told the gal at the desk that I get my hair cut ever three weeks(it grows very fast), which means I would be in the door about 18 times a year and that in a normal year I would be spending in excess of $200.00 plus I am a good tipper. With the sign banning handguns, the shop would not be having me for a customer and perhaps others that have a permit to carry. The economic loss might be worth reconsidering the signage. Additionally, I would not do business with anyone willing to deny my Constitutional Rights.

Perhaps they will change their minds about the signage. Perhaps not. I will follow-up with a telephone call to the manager today...standby for further details as they emerge.

By the way, I retired from the barbering industry after 25 years and I always welcomed those with firearms. NRA Life Member.

Hairy

Post subject: Supercuts in Woodbury: No Longer Posted
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:44 pm 

The Supercuts at Tamarack Village in Woodbury is no longer posted.

After I mentioned it in this thread in early August, I wrote a letter addressed to the owner or manager explaining the futility of posting the sign and asking that it be removed. There was no immediate reaction. However, when I went by today, I found that the sign had been removed. I don't know if it was my letter, someone more assertive than me who spoke to them in person recently, or a combination of the above. In any case, they are no longer posted.

I know that many here aren't fans of franchise salons, but I like the haircuts and shampoos they give at what I believe is a fair price. Still, it is another win for individual liberty and self defense.

DJ

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Supercuts in Woodbury: No Longer Posted
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:55 pm 
Longtime Regular

djstaehlin wrote:
The Supercuts at Tamarack Village in Woodbury is no longer posted.

After I mentioned it in this thread in early August, I wrote a letter addressed to the owner or manager explaining the futility of posting the sign and asking that it be removed. There was no immediate reaction. However, when I went by today, I found that the sign had been removed. I don't know if it was my letter, someone more assertive than me who spoke to them in person recently, or a combination of the above. In any case, they are no longer posted.

I know that many here aren't fans of franchise salons, but I like the haircuts and shampoos they give at what I believe is a fair price. Still, it is another win for individual liberty and self defense.

DJ

Whether it was your letter or something else that brought the sign down, thanks for sending the letter. It must have had some good effect on their decision to be sensible. Thanks for making the state a safer place for all of us and our families. 8)

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.