Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:06 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 National Camera Exchange?????? 
 Post subject: National Camera Exchange??????
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:14 pm 

Anyone know if National Camera Exchange is still posted? I did a search but didn't find a thread for them.

I'm getting ready to buy a DSLR and wondering if I should save myself the trip to their store or not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:39 pm 

This didn't wind up in the forum I meant it to be in. Could someone with powers fix that for me?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:51 pm 
Longtime Regular

Here's the answer, go to ritz or another store that doesn't crap all over the 2A. They're still posted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:03 pm 
Wise Elder

Yes. The Roseville store IS posted.

Buy it elsewhere and send the President of NCE a photocopy to document HIS loss.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:06 pm 
Longtime Regular

Last time I was at the NCE near my work on 55, I thought it was not posted, but that's been a while. Since you're getting ready to spend some real money, it might be fun to call them and ask them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:18 pm 
Longtime Regular

I think B&H Photo ( www.bhphotovideo.com ) can't be beat -- although, strangely enough, when I was buying my Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi, Amazon beat their price, and had free shipping, too.

If you go for the Canon, don't get the "kit" 18-55 lens. It is horrible.

Last edited by Andrew Rothman on Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: National Camera Exchange??????
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:23 pm 
Journeyman Member

hypertech wrote:

I'm getting ready to buy a DSLR and wondering if I should save myself the trip to their store or not.

As a photographer, I'd never buy anything from National or Ritz. Both are WAY to overpriced. You can usually get good deals on Ebay. Most of the bigger stores put together a package that has some decent lenses in it and a good price. If your buying a Canon, make sure it's the "USA" model, makes warranty work ALOT easier, though if it's a Canon, it shouldn't break :). B&H is OK, but even they can be spendy. They do have good customer service though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:24 pm 

Andrew Rothman wrote:
I think B&H Photo (www.bhphotovideo.com)can't be beat -- although, strangely enough, when I Was buying my Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi, Amazon beat their price, and had free shipping, too.

My understanding is that the kit lens in the old kits is junk but much better in the new kits. I'm looking at the XSi which is supposed to have the new kit.

I'm on hold right now talking to the Dell minions in India trying to convince them to honor a 1000 use coupon code issued last week and likely expired within 15 minutes of that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:37 pm 
Longtime Regular

I have and love the IS USM lenses in 70-300 and 17-85. Spendy, but worth every penny.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:37 pm 

Well, I decided to order it from JR.com and get the live.com 12% back (someday).

I haven't received an invoice yet, but I will be sure to send it to them. It is a nice store - too bad they have such a dumb policy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:06 am 
Longtime Regular

A less informed younger version of me wrote:
Last time I was at the NCE near my work on 55, I thought it was not posted, but that's been a while.

Stopped by that location last week just to look. They are indeed posted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:28 am 
Longtime Regular

Andrew Rothman wrote:
I think B&H Photo ( www.bhphotovideo.com ) can't be beat -- although, strangely enough, when I was buying my Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi, Amazon beat their price, and had free shipping, too.

I've bought a ton of equipment there, and also at http://www.adorama.com

+1 on the "kit" lens comment. POS.

Andrew Rothman wrote:
I have and love the IS USM lenses in 70-300 and 17-85. Spendy, but worth every penny.

I have that 17-85 also. As my first IS lens, I was pretty impressed. My next purchase will be an "L" lens. I need to get rid of a couple other lens first though.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:26 pm 

I was out and noticed there were no signs at the Maple Grove store so I decided to go in.

I bought a soft case for my new(used) macro lens and was going to buy a hood for it but they were out but they had one in Golden Valley. No problem, they put on hold and I went down there to get it and found a non-compliant sign taped in the window.

Maple Grove - NOT posted
Golden Valley - posted

I'm not sure if I want to shop at the Maple Grove one or not .........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:51 pm 

Costco has a good deal on the Canon Rebel XSI, $799.99 with 2 lenses. So tempting. West Phot is worth a try from what I've heard. I can't remember if they're posted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:06 pm 
Longtime Regular

pezhead wrote:
Costco has a good deal on the Canon Rebel XSI, $799.99 with 2 lenses. So tempting. West Phot is worth a try from what I've heard. I can't remember if they're posted.

So let's go to another notouriously Anti-Gun/Anti-Carry company instead?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.