Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:44 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 DDHT has been approved by the DPS 
 Post subject: DDHT has been approved by the DPS
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:00 pm 

DDHT was approved by the DPS and BCA as an Instructor Organization. Good luck to all of you and SAFE training!!!! :lol:

Jerry Durbin

[edit: As per the rules, please post contact information. - Andrew]
Quote:
Business Name: D.D.H.T. - Durbin's Defensive Handgun Training
Name: Gerald Durbin
Phone: (320) 328-5240
Email: durbin@LL.net
Web Page: http://members.LL.net/durbin

Occam's Razor:
one should not increase, beyond what is necessary, the number of entities required to explain anything.
Visit us at www.ddht.us

Post subject: Re: DDHT has been approved by the DPS
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:32 pm 
The Man

durbin6 wrote:
DDHT was approved by the DPS and BCA as an Instructor Organization. Good luck to all of you and SAFE training!!!! :lol:

Jerry Durbin
Congratulations, Jerry!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: DDHT Approved
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:59 pm 

Thanks Joel!! Please keep the websites going, if it weren't for you all of us would have been left in the dark on this.

Today I feel more like the Dog than the Hydrant!!!

JD

Occam's Razor:
one should not increase, beyond what is necessary, the number of entities required to explain anything.
Visit us at www.ddht.us

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:25 pm 
Delicate Flower

Congrats :)

And I second the motion on the website, it's been a positive experience. :D

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: DDHT Approved
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:53 pm 
The Man

durbin6 wrote:
Thanks Joel!! Please keep the websites going, if it weren't for you all of us would have been left in the dark on this.
I hear that from time to time, but I'm not sure that it's true. I think news tends to spread by the fastest available way, and while the websites are pretty fast, word of mouth works pretty well, too.

What I think -- and sometimes flatter myself -- that I've been able to do, with a lot of help, is really just reporting on the issues, and doing basic reporter stuff: listening to people (I remember a conversation with Tom not so long ago, which began with him calling me up and saying something like, "I don't know you and you don't know me, but let's talk...")going to people, asking questions, and getting answers, and generally doing as well as I can to get and spread accurate information -- from an open and declared point of view.

I can't claim to be objective -- I do have some strong points of view -- but I do try to be accurate, and fair.

Which is kind of hard under some circumstances, granted.
Quote:
Today I feel more like the Dog than the Hydrant!!!
JD

As you should, I think.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: He doth protest
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:48 am 

I think your being a bit modest Joel. Word of mouth may spread quickly in the big city but out here in the sticks it takes along time for that information to arrive. The folks at the BCA and DPS have managed to approve Organizations fairly quickly but they certainly did a good job of dragging their feet coming up witht he organizational standards in the first place. Jeff Luther has been good about responding to my emails and phone calls in a timely manner but he never had much information to share as I'm sure most of you found out in your conversations with him.

This website is a good place for all of us that are in it for the fun and support of our 2nd Ammendment rights to get together and discuss just about any topic we want or share information with one another. Our discussions can get quite heated at times but that's part of freedom of expression and should be encouraged (at least until the boundries are crossed like Ardant Observer did).

Thanks again Joel, keep up the good work!!! :!:

PS
Andrew: Sorry about the missing information in original post, I forogt. Thanks for keeping us honest!!

Occam's Razor:
Visit us at www.ddht.us

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.