Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:16 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Minneapolis community meetings about crime 
 Post subject: Minneapolis community meetings about crime
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:32 am 
Longtime Regular

Anyone going?

http://www.startribune.com/462/story/492609.html
Quote:
Crime on the minds of many in Minneapolis tonight

Minneapolis Mayor R.T. Rybak and interim Police Chief Tim Dolan will hold a community forum this evening on the North Side to discuss progress of the Police Department's new juvenile unit.

The unit investigates robberies, assaults and family violence involving youth under age 18.

The forum begins at 5:30 p.m. at the Minneapolis Urban League, 2100 Plymouth Av. N.

Also tonight, Northeast residents are "whipped up," according to a news release and getting together in the wake of what they say has been a large jump in violent crime in the first four months of 2006 vs. the same time in 2005. Dolan will attend this meeting as well.

Good writing, Star Trib. Where the hell is this second meeting?
Quote:

And next Tuesday, churches in southwest Minneapolis are looking to see what they can do to help North Side residents stem the crime tide in their part of the city. Politicians, police and city policymakers will convene in a south Minneapolis church.

The gatherings comes as the city in recent days reported a significant jump in serious crime in 2005.

Last edited by Andrew Rothman on Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:42 pm 
Longtime Regular

I'd love to see about fifteen people there with their keys protruding from their knuckles shaking their fists in the air.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:47 pm 
Delicate Flower

Key Power!!!!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:08 pm 

&*%&$^ I was supposed to go to this tonight, and I got distracted. Oh well, crime is hot in NE right now and I am sure there will be more.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.