Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:23 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 TCC Breakfast 10am, SATURDAY 18th NOVEMBER 2006 - POLL 

Are you planning to attend the TCC Breakfast at PASTRAMI JACKS in EDEN PRAIRIE on SATURDAY 18th NOVEMBER 2006 at 10 am?
Poll ended at Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:13 pm
Yes, Myself Only  38%  38%  [ 11 ]
Yes, Myself and guest(s)  21%  21%  [ 6 ]
Maybe  10%  10%  [ 3 ]
No  31%  31%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 29

TCC Breakfast 10am, SATURDAY 18th NOVEMBER 2006 - POLL 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:56 am 
Longtime Regular

Got a last minute approval from the Minister of Homestead Affairs.

Change my maybe to a yes.

See you in about an hour!

-Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:58 am 
Raving Moderate

Great time, guys. It was good to finally meet some of you. Thanks for your hospitality!

Jeremiah

My real name is Jeremiah (go figure). ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:44 am 

Thanks to everyone who showed up on Saturday and to Paul for bringing the name badges and assisting with the coordination. I believe we had about 30 TCC'ers show up - not bad!

Based on the attendance at PJ's and their willingness to take care of us, it's looking like this might be our permanent location. I spoke with the manager on the way out Saturday, and he's more than willing to have us. I've not had that level of hospitality from Curran's, so it looks like Curran's lose is PJ's gain. An announcement for next month's breakfast will be posted as time date nears.

Any comments are always welcome!

Thanks again!!

TomK
N Mpls, MN

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:56 am 
The Man

W0THK wrote:
Thanks to everyone who showed up on Saturday and to Paul for bringing the name badges and assisting with the coordination. I believe we had about 30 TCC'ers show up - not bad!

Based on the attendance at PJ's and their willingness to take care of us, it's looking like this might be our permanent location. I spoke with the manager on the way out Saturday, and he's more than willing to have us. I've not had that level of hospitality from Curran's, so it looks like Curran's lose is PJ's gain. An announcement for next month's breakfast will be posted as time date nears.

Any comments are always welcome!

Thanks again!!

TomK
N Mpls, MN
I like Curran's, and it's better-located for me. That said, I think PJ's is the clear winner in the metro, so far -- their food is great, and our attendance has been high.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:11 am 
Longtime Regular

joelr wrote:
our attendance has been high.

No doubt. I think it was last year that there was one breakfast where it was just Tom, Steve and me in attendance.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:16 am 
Longtime Regular

I think with better advance notice of numbers to PJ's, they can be better prepared.

I arrived at 10:00 and got my breakfast at 11:30.

If they can handle a full restaurant, I say we go back. If they can't, we need to keep looking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:52 am 

Andrew Rothman wrote:
I think with better advance notice of numbers to PJ's, they can be better prepared.

I arrived at 10:00 and got my breakfast at 11:30.

If they can handle a full restaurant, I say we go back. If they can't, we need to keep looking.

Mostly that was my fault. The short version is they didn't know we were coming. I sent them an email on Friday, but they didn't get it, so the first they knew of us is when I arrived at 9:45, looking for a table for 30. I actually think they accomodated us very well. In the future, I'll be more diligent in making sure they know we're coming.

TomK
N Mpls, MN

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.