Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:32 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Range Trip in April 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:55 am 

If you Brits are trying to prove that you're tougher than us Yanks by eating english "food", I'll concede the point. You win. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:59 am 
On time out

A Brit in MN wrote:
World Market also has Digestive biscuits, plain and chocolate, Hob-Nobs, Crunchies, Yorkies, Aero, Pataks curry stuff and some other essentials. Some of the sweets are made in S.Africa
Rainbow in Woodbury has Heinz baked beans, Robinsons barley water and some Cross&Blackwell condiments.

Cub in Maplewood has Salad cream :D They have a big section of british food in the ethnic food aisle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:27 am 
Longtime Regular

Wow. I don't know what 10% of the things mentioned above are. Is it just because we don't have the same stuff here or is it the English vs American language?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:30 am 
Longtime Regular

someone1980 wrote:
.... is it the English vs American language?

No, it is the Brit pallet...............they are like carp, eat anything that is even close to food, and some things that are not.................. :P :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:09 pm 
Longtime Regular

hammAR wrote:
someone1980 wrote:

No, it is the Brit pallet...............they are like carp, eat anything that is even close to food, and some things that are not.................. :P :P

Just remember that Hot Dogs are pigs lips and arseholes!! And we eat strange stuff :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:51 pm 
Longtime Regular

A Brit in MN wrote:
Benny, do they still have Rum rations?

Sadly the daily "Tot" was discontinued in 1967. :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

The only time I saw "Pussers" rum was a "splicers" for the Queens Silver Jubilee. Like any good Matelot, I managed to finagle a double.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

UT BCI Certified Conceal/Carry Instructor

"If you expect the police to always be able to protect you, why are the ones who show up at crimes called 'detectives' instead of 'defenders'? Detectives try to find a criminal after they've committed a crime."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:47 pm 
Longtime Regular

A Brit in MN wrote:
Just remember that Hot Dogs are pigs lips and arseholes!! And we eat strange stuff :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ya got me.....................! :lol:

and Benny, I have one of these on my shelf....

"John Paul Jones"
U.S. Navy & Marine Corps Ships Decanter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:41 pm 
Longtime Regular

A Brit in MN wrote:
hammAR wrote:
someone1980 wrote:

And, just exactly what do you think they make bangers out of? :D :lol:

"For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
-Unknown

Honorably Discharged member of Uncle Sam's Underwater Canoe Club.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:50 am 
Longtime Regular

hammAR wrote:
A Brit in MN wrote:

Ya got me.....................! :lol:

and Benny, I have one of these on my shelf....

"John Paul Jones"
U.S. Navy & Marine Corps Ships Decanter

hammAR,

Those souvenir bottles have good rum in them, but it's not the real thing, it’s what’s known as “Grog”. Real Pussers is very thick, almost syrupy, when you swallow it has that feeling of coating your throat with warmth as it goes down.
Unlike a lot of the commercial rums, pussers was never sold until 1979, it was a gift from the West Indies to the Admiralty for services rendered. It was delivered in 5 Gallon (Imperial of course) wicker wrapped glass flagons and “piped up” (served) at 11am daily. 1/3 of a gill (a good double) per man, per day, Senior rates received “neeters” and junior rates received “Grog” a mixture half and half with water. The only exception to the mixture rule was “Splicers” (splice the mainbrace), which was always neeters.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

"If you expect the police to always be able to protect you, why are the ones who show up at crimes called 'detectives' instead of 'defenders'? Detectives try to find a criminal after they've committed a crime."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:25 am 
Longtime Regular

Thanks for the clarification.

I don't know about boogers, bangers, sliders, and all that other stuff, But I would be more than willing to share a good Rum with you when we all get together on the 28th................

There is a shop near me that claims to have some "real" Pussers, and I will pick up a bottle, since they don't sell it in wicker baskets........... :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:35 am 
Longtime Regular

Mmmm.... Pusser's......

I've had one sip of the real thing. The stuff on the shelf now with the Pusser's label isn't even close to the real thing.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:03 pm 
On time out

jac714 wrote:
A Brit in MN wrote:
hammAR wrote:
someone1980 wrote:

And, just exactly what do you think they make bangers out of? :D :lol:

Bangers are normally a mix of pork and beef and good cuts, not what they leave in the saw dust on the floor ;)

Unless you buy Bernies turkey bangers 100% Bootful turkey product. Stay away from them at all costs as my brother worked at the factory and told me stories :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:20 am 
Delicate Flower

Could someone post an address and possibly some directions (mapquest?) for the location of the Brit's revenge?

Do you want a couple of us to arrive a bit earlier to help set up?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:16 am 
Longtime Regular

Widge wrote:
Could someone post an address and possibly some directions (mapquest?) for the location of the Brit's revenge?

Do you want a couple of us to arrive a bit earlier to help set up?

Widge,

I was planning on getting the mapquest link done this week, so it should be posted by Friday.

As for help, I've never turned down an offer to save my back from being strained.
That said, we should only need to be there a half hour early to start getting things set up.

Thanks for the offer.
:) :) :) :) :) :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:17 am 
Longtime Regular

Sadly, I won't be there. My wife has handed down her judgment regarding what we're doing on her birthday, and it does not include me leaving town. Oh well. Another time I hope.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.