Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:29 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 How about a count of those coming to shoot on Saturday 

Will you be coming to the Shoot in Hutchinson?
Poll ended at Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:15 am
Yes, Definitely  38%  38%  [ 6 ]
Yes, and bringing others.  13%  13%  [ 2 ]
Maybe  19%  19%  [ 3 ]
Can't make it!  31%  31%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 16

 How about a count of those coming to shoot on Saturday 
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:03 pm 
Longtime Regular
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:32 pm
Posts: 1803
Location: Woodbury
The way my son shot, glad he was on the yank team.......... :twisted: :P :P But for a 16 yo he had a great time, special thanks to Benny & China for not letting him shoot himself :oops: and for putting on a great afternoon, I'll try to post some pics tomorrow


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:56 pm 
Designated waste of protoplasm
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:41 pm
Posts: 1807
Location: Western Burbs of MPLS
Widge wrote:
Pinnacle wrote:
hammAR wrote:

4th - Sorry to let Team Yank down, as my cumulative score would have definitely put us over 1000 points...............almost exactly twice what the Brits scored. However, we also did not know that there were going to be hired "mercenary's" shooting for the Brit team..............

Anyhow, I would do it again..........................Thanks Benny/China

.



What exactly are you trying to imply?



The way I was shooting, I'm surprised I didn't get traded to the Yanks!


the thought had crossed my mind.... :evil: :P :P :P


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:29 pm 
Senior Member

Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:45 pm
Posts: 353
Location: Minnetonka
I apologize to team USA for not showing up. Although by the looks of things I do not know if I would have been a help or not. Please keep in mind, no matter what the results were on Saturday.......we still won the war!

ONWARD!

rtk


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:52 pm 
Delicate Flower
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:50 pm
Posts: 340
Pinnacle wrote:
Widge wrote:
Pinnacle wrote:
hammAR wrote:

4th - Sorry to let Team Yank down, as my cumulative score would have definitely put us over 1000 points...............almost exactly twice what the Brits scored. However, we also did not know that there were going to be hired "mercenary's" shooting for the Brit team..............

Anyhow, I would do it again..........................Thanks Benny/China

.



What exactly are you trying to imply?



The way I was shooting, I'm surprised I didn't get traded to the Yanks!


the thought had crossed my mind.... :evil: :P :P :P


Bah! you were one bollocksed up mag change from ignominy on that last run! I am going to carry the scars until the next time! :twisted: :P :P


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:09 pm 
On time out

Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:11 pm
Posts: 220
hammAR wrote:
4th - Sorry to let Team Yank down, as my cumulative score would have definitely put us over 1000 points...............almost exactly twice what the Brits scored. However, we also did not know that there were going to be hired "mercenary's" shooting for the Brit team..............


We didnt have any hired Guns. We just gave you Joey Deacon ;)

We shall wait for the next time ;)


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:37 pm 
Longtime Regular

Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:54 pm
Posts: 1941
Location: N 44°56.621` W 093°11.256 (St Paul)
Well it sounds like we will get Widge too..........next time.... :lol:

.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:46 pm 
Longtime Regular

Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:19 pm
Posts: 2305
USA gets to keep little brit if selurcspi keeps telling him to slow down, and every once in a while throw in a little talk about front sight trigger squeeze.

Get that boy a little bit more quality practice, and he can show the rest of us how it is done.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:23 pm 
Longtime Regular
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:32 pm
Posts: 1803
Location: Woodbury
someone1980 wrote:
USA gets to keep little brit if selurcspi keeps telling him to slow down, and every once in a while throw in a little talk about front sight trigger squeeze.

Get that boy a little bit more quality practice, and he can show the rest of us how it is done.


It was definately a Trial by Fire for him. I think it was the 3rd time he'd fired my pistol or any pistol for that matter. Now he's bugging me for his own pistol now :roll: :roll: I'll forward the positive words to him Ben......thanks


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:29 pm 
Delicate Flower
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:50 pm
Posts: 340
A Brit in MN wrote:
someone1980 wrote:
USA gets to keep little brit if selurcspi keeps telling him to slow down, and every once in a while throw in a little talk about front sight trigger squeeze.

Get that boy a little bit more quality practice, and he can show the rest of us how it is done.


It was definately a Trial by Fire for him. I think it was the 3rd time he'd fired my pistol or any pistol for that matter. Now he's bugging me for his own pistol now :roll: :roll: I'll forward the positive words to him Ben......thanks


He did exceptionally well, considering the pressure. He has potential to go a long way with some experience and training.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 6:13 am 
Longtime Regular
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2005 5:40 am
Posts: 3752
Location: East Suburbs
The more I hear about this shoot the more :cry: I am about missing it.

I'll try to join next time! :D

_________________
Srigs

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 3:33 pm 
On time out

Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:11 pm
Posts: 220
Widge wrote:
A Brit in MN wrote:
someone1980 wrote:
USA gets to keep little brit if selurcspi keeps telling him to slow down, and every once in a while throw in a little talk about front sight trigger squeeze.

Get that boy a little bit more quality practice, and he can show the rest of us how it is done.


It was definately a Trial by Fire for him. I think it was the 3rd time he'd fired my pistol or any pistol for that matter. Now he's bugging me for his own pistol now :roll: :roll: I'll forward the positive words to him Ben......thanks


He did exceptionally well, considering the pressure. He has potential to go a long way with some experience and training.



In the last round of me against him, i just squeaked past him which was lucky for me ;)


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 9:32 pm 
Designated waste of protoplasm
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:41 pm
Posts: 1807
Location: Western Burbs of MPLS
Widge wrote:
Pinnacle wrote:
Widge wrote:
Pinnacle wrote:
hammAR wrote:

4th - Sorry to let Team Yank down, as my cumulative score would have definitely put us over 1000 points...............almost exactly twice what the Brits scored. However, we also did not know that there were going to be hired "mercenary's" shooting for the Brit team..............

Anyhow, I would do it again..........................Thanks Benny/China

.



What exactly are you trying to imply?



The way I was shooting, I'm surprised I didn't get traded to the Yanks!


the thought had crossed my mind.... :evil: :P :P :P


Bah! you were one bollocksed up mag change from ignominy on that last run! I am going to carry the scars until the next time! :twisted: :P :P


Yup Can't agree more... Everyone can have an off day - that was one for me....


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 7:18 am 
Designated waste of protoplasm
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:41 pm
Posts: 1807
Location: Western Burbs of MPLS
Yup - that day sealed it for me - I am on to building a Race Gun now. Benny - I was really impressed with how you shot.

I have a 1911 that is just sitting here doing nothing for me - a compensator and a bunch of mags.......

We shall see what I can whip up in the short run here - a race gun looks fun to play with - mine will be in 45 shooting fluffy bunny loads :lol:

Next time ......


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 7:29 am 
Longtime Regular

Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:19 pm
Posts: 2305
Pinnacle wrote:
Yup - that day sealed it for me - I am on to building a Race Gun now. Benny - I was really impressed with how you shot.

I have a 1911 that is just sitting here doing nothing for me - a compensator and a bunch of mags.......

We shall see what I can whip up in the short run here - a race gun looks fun to play with - mine will be in 45 shooting fluffy bunny loads :lol:

Next time ......


I have been thinking of putting one together based on the XD. But there is a 3 month lead time on the barrels. And I am having probelms finding a comp that has the same threading as the barrels.

Glock and 1911 setups look easy to do. Still expenisve, but easy.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 7:56 am 
Delicate Flower
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:50 pm
Posts: 340
someone1980 wrote:
Pinnacle wrote:
Yup - that day sealed it for me - I am on to building a Race Gun now. Benny - I was really impressed with how you shot.

I have a 1911 that is just sitting here doing nothing for me - a compensator and a bunch of mags.......

We shall see what I can whip up in the short run here - a race gun looks fun to play with - mine will be in 45 shooting fluffy bunny loads :lol:

Next time ......


I have been thinking of putting one together based on the XD. But there is a 3 month lead time on the barrels. And I am having probelms finding a comp that has the same threading as the barrels.

Glock and 1911 setups look easy to do. Still expenisve, but easy.



I like the look of the CZ race guns


Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours


 Who is online 

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron


 
Index  |  FAQ  |  Search

phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group