Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:14 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Anyone interested in another steel shoot 

What day would be best to shoot?
June 9th, start early  7%  7%  [ 2 ]
June 23rd and start at lunchtime  53%  53%  [ 16 ]
I can make either day  40%  40%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 30

Anyone interested in another steel shoot 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 7:55 am 
Delicate Flower

Pat Cannon wrote:
No wife's birthday or any such problems on either day, so I voted 'either'. But I lean toward not getting up early. On the other hand, the 9th is better because it's sooner! I'll have to calculate this into my ammo budget -- about how many rounds did you go through last time?

I think I blew about 50-60 9mm, and about 100 .40 (+/- 10 or so) in total on the steel/competitive portion of the day, and about 3 mags of each on the 'test & evaluate' portion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 8:02 am 

Cool, I'm interested.

I voted either, but now that I think about it, I'd prefer the second one, only for the sake that I won't have much money to spend on ammo until I have my second paycheck.

Sounds like a good time, hope I can make it.

Jon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 8:39 am 
Longtime Regular

It is great fun. I don't know if I can make it, but I will try.

Widge wrote:
Well, we all turn up about noon, although Selurscpi and Chinakay get there earlier and set up a couple of stages with steel targets.

It would be great if people showed up early and helped carry targets. They are freaking heavy as I found out that morning when we only had a few people helping. In the afternoon there were a lot more people helping, and even after all day of standing out in the sun it was eaiser because we could spread the load and have two people on each stand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 9:24 am 
Longtime Regular

I use a big wheeled dolly (pneumatic wheels) for hauling most of the heavy stuff around the house due to my bad back. IF I can make it, I'll bring mine. Others could bring something similar, too.

"...quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." [...a sword never kills anybody; it's a tool in the killer's hand.] -- (Lucius Annaeus) Seneca "the Younger" (ca. 4 BC-65 AD),

The Nanny State MUST DIE!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 9:38 am 

I'm in for either day, and I changed the starter on my truck so it should be available again for hauling steel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 11:15 am 
1911 tainted

I would like to make it if I can on the 23rd. The 9th is out for me, I am teaching a permit to carry class in Springfield Minnesota that Saturday.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 1:15 pm 
Longtime Regular

I can make either one right now,, and the dates posted will be my weekends with the half Yank, so I'm sure he'll want to burn through Dads ammo again. :roll: :roll: 8)
For those sitting on the fence................it's a hoot, and SAFE..., (THANKS AGAIN SELURCSPI AND CHINA)..Ok so there is the odd tick.

If a 16 year old can get thrown in at the deep end and go against girls and guys who have been shooting pistols for more years than he's been alive, anyone on this board reading this can do it too...IMO 8)

My goal this time would be...............shoot better than Andrew :P :P :P and improve my score..........which wont be too hard :oops: :oops: :oops: as that was my first time of shooting pistol against others and the clock, and to beat into the 1/2 Yank that it's a MAGAZINE..............NOT A CLIP :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ps.....He'll become 1/2 Brit or more, when his score improves too :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 1:33 pm 
Longtime Regular

A Brit in MN wrote:
My goal this time would be...............shoot better than Andrew :P :P :P

You should set your sights higher than that. :)

Or maybe I'll practice...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 3:00 pm 
Longtime Regular

someone1980 wrote:
It would be great if people showed up early and helped carry targets.
Just let us know what time "early" is and I'll be glad to help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 3:13 pm 

I'd love to come play too! not sure what those weekends will bring for schedule yet - hoping to get in some Lake Michigan fishing trips this summer, so I have to find out what GWOTB (guy who owns the boat) has in mind for schedule. If i'm not fishing or diving, I'll try to make it this time.

gun control means hitting where you aim!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 5:08 pm 
Longtime Regular

Of those who expressed a preference, the 23rd starting at lunch time seems to be the best favoured.
So I'll put my bid in for then at the club and hope no one has any objections.

BTW Memberships are only $30 for the year and you can shoot whenever there are no scheduled events using the range, and you'll save $5 on the steel match.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

UT BCI Certified Conceal/Carry Instructor

"If you expect the police to always be able to protect you, why are the ones who show up at crimes called 'detectives' instead of 'defenders'? Detectives try to find a criminal after they've committed a crime."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 5:12 pm 
Longtime Regular

Selurcspi wrote:
BTW Memberships are only $30 for the year and you can shoot whenever there are no scheduled events using the range, and you'll save $5 on the steel match.

One of the best looking ranges I have seen in a long time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 1:31 pm 
1911 tainted

Selurcspi wrote:
Of those who expressed a preference, the 23rd starting at lunch time seems to be the best favoured.

So the plan is June 23rd at noon?

What is the cost for the day? I live about 85 miles away and really don't think I am interested in a membership.

We are we to bring what to shoot?

Just curious as to what you do and how you run it since I couldn't make it last time. :x

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 2:31 pm 
Longtime Regular

Cobb,

Last time things became competitive before we even got there, so I set up a match format, we had 4 stages (best 3 out of 4 times to count) and we finished off with a Man v Man ranking ladder, which means if we have between 8 and 16 everyone shoots 4 times and the ladder ranks everyone from top to bottom. The minimum round count for the day was 96, but if you've shot steel before you know how those plates jump around on you.

Afterwards we can setup whatever targets we have and shoot until the ammo runs out

$10 range fee for the day, $5 if you have or buy a membership.

Bring yourself a gun or guns and ammo and feedbag and hydration. Though if we wanted to organize a Bbq and potluck we could do it, we would just need an organizer......Volunteers? :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Don't forget ear & eye protection. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

UT BCI Certified Conceal/Carry Instructor

"If you expect the police to always be able to protect you, why are the ones who show up at crimes called 'detectives' instead of 'defenders'? Detectives try to find a criminal after they've committed a crime."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 2:41 pm 
1911 tainted

I will help where I can.

Besides what is listed in my sig line, I am also a NRA SO and an IDPA SO, so I could be consider somewhat qualified to work the line. :wink:

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.