Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:54 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Steel Shoot at Hutch on 6/23 

Will you be coming to the shoot!
Poll ended at Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:20 am
Yes, Definitely  41%  41%  [ 9 ]
Yes, and I'll be bringing others.  5%  5%  [ 1 ]
Maybe  27%  27%  [ 6 ]
Can't make it!  27%  27%  [ 6 ]
I'll be coming and I want to organize a Barbeque.  0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 22

Steel Shoot at Hutch on 6/23 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:33 pm 
Longtime Regular

keith wrote:
If I dig around I may find a real holster for the 625. Even my gamey major power factor .45 loads will take down steel no problem. Even if they're set heavy. As long as I do my part that is. :wink:

Decision. Decisions.

Keith.

If you meet me at the breakfast with your cheque for $30 I'll provide you with a membership card to the club and you can camp out there on the 22nd.

Or pm me and we can setup another meeting place.

:) :) :) :) :)

UT BCI Certified Conceal/Carry Instructor

"If you expect the police to always be able to protect you, why are the ones who show up at crimes called 'detectives' instead of 'defenders'? Detectives try to find a criminal after they've committed a crime."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:55 pm 

Thanks, but I'm already a member. I shoot sporting clays on Monday nights there. It's only about 35 minutes to get down there so no need to camp out for me.

Selurcspi wrote:
keith wrote:
If I dig around I may find a real holster for the 625. Even my gamey major power factor .45 loads will take down steel no problem. Even if they're set heavy. As long as I do my part that is. :wink:

Decision. Decisions.

Keith.

If you meet me at the breakfast with your cheque for $30 I'll provide you with a membership card to the club and you can camp out there on the 22nd.

:) :) :) :) :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:57 pm 
Designated waste of protoplasm

Selurcspi wrote:
Keith,

I showed up last time with my IPSC racegun and rig, there were a few grumbles before we started but afterwards all was as it should be. Though I think I might have bruised a few egos. Likely as not that was because I'm English and in tha land of the Gun an old short fat Brit is not supposed to win..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry hammAR I couldn't resist :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lets not get too carried away... :roll:

Unfortunately I cannot make it - it is my daughters birthday on the 23rd and she would not appreciate it if I went to the range in lieu of taking her where SHE wants to go.

Another time Benny - I have a new toy that I think may just give you a run for your $$$...
:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:05 pm 
1911 tainted

Pinnacle wrote:
Another time Benny - I have a new toy that I think may just give you a run for your $$$...

Ah, another one that thinks that hardware will overcome ability. :lol: :wink:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:54 pm 
On time out

Fubar wrote:
I really, really want to attend. I have to admit I'm a little apprehensive though, as I've never done this kind of shooting before. Normally I'd also be a little, oh I dunno, feeling out-of-place given you folks all seem to know each other and I'd be an outsider, but frankly everyone here seems extremely welcoming to new faces.

I'll try taking a walk around the block to think about it :wink:

I dint know anyone either :D But it was a fun time and a real friendly crew :D we all had a good time :D

Just remeber bring more than one mag as them damn moving steel targets are hard to hit with just 30 Bulets. Some times it just takes all 45 to get them to fall down :) Just ask Widge ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:35 am 
Longtime Regular

Aceq2jot wrote:
Fubar wrote:
I really, really want to attend. I have to admit I'm a little apprehensive though, as I've never done this kind of shooting before. Normally I'd also be a little, oh I dunno, feeling out-of-place given you folks all seem to know each other and I'd be an outsider, but frankly everyone here seems extremely welcoming to new faces.

I dint know anyone either :D But it was a fun time and a real friendly crew :D we all had a good time :D

Just remeber bring more than one mag as them damn moving steel targets are hard to hit with just 30 Bulets. Some times it just takes all 45 to get them to fall down :) Just ask Widge ;)

Or my son :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:00 am 
Longtime Regular

westberg wrote:
That sound's like a great idea, once we are able to confirm that we will be able to make it I will PM you about possibly arriving Friday night.

Ron

Westberg,

I directed this message to Keith when it was you that asked about camping.

So here it is again.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Sorry Keith, do you normally shoot on Thursdays at the club steel shoot?
:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

"If you expect the police to always be able to protect you, why are the ones who show up at crimes called 'detectives' instead of 'defenders'? Detectives try to find a criminal after they've committed a crime."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:19 am 

Negative on the Thursday night league. About the only times I make it down there is Monday nights for sporting clays, these days.

I used to shoot the weekend matches when there was IPSC there, years ago.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:42 am 
Longtime Regular

keith wrote:
Negative on the Thursday night league. About the only times I make it down there is Monday nights for sporting clays, these days.

I used to shoot the weekend matches when there was IPSC there, years ago.

Then we definitely know each other, ChinaKay and I pushed trubl to start the IPSC club.
:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Last edited by Selurcspi on Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:44 pm 

If I do manage to make it, do I need to obtain any special ammo? I generally shoot cheap 9mm that I buy from Dick's.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:56 pm 
Longtime Regular

Fubar wrote:
If I do manage to make it, do I need to obtain any special ammo? I generally shoot cheap 9mm that I buy from Dick's.

That should be fine, most guys are shooting WWB.
We'll set the steel light.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:48 pm 
Designated waste of protoplasm

cobb wrote:
Pinnacle wrote:

Ah, another one that thinks that hardware will overcome ability. :lol: :wink:

Interesting you should say that. Hardware makes little difference - it is just how I operate said hardware that may make a difference.

Cobb - don't you worry about me. I can hold my own... :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:54 pm 
1911 tainted

Pinnacle wrote:
Cobb - don't you worry about me. I can hold my own... :lol:

Yes, some how I have a strong feeling that you can, and maybe even more. :wink: :wink: :wink:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:52 am 
On time out

A Brit in MN wrote:
Aceq2jot wrote:
Fubar wrote:

Or my son :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

He did very well and almost beat me :oops: So i canr really make fun of a first timer ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:09 pm 
Longtime Regular

Wonder how many could shoot and qualify the Original US Air Marshall course?

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.