Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:33 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Continuing Legal Education Seminar on March 28 
 Post subject: Continuing Legal Education Seminar on March 28
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 8:35 pm 
The Man

Paul Horvick, David Gross, and I will be running a Continuing Legal Education seminar for Lorman in Fargo, this March 28. My understanding is that Lorman is arranging to get the seminar certified as both CLE for lawyers, and for POST-certified law enforcement officers.

I'll post a syllabus here sooner than later; if you have lawyer/cop friends in that area, it might be worth checking out. Both David and Paul are extremely knowledgeable in the area, and while I've yet to hear Paul speak, I have heard David, and he's very good -- although, occasionally, his choice of words has been known to peel paint.

(Inquiring minds might wonder what business I have running such a seminar... all I can say is that they asked me, and I said, well, yes. Apparently there are some people who think I know something about these issues.)

Anybody who is planning on attending the seminar and carrying in North Dakota should be sure to have acquired either a North Dakota carry permit, or another one that is valid there -- New Hampshire being the obvious choice.

Details to come...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:26 am 
Longtime Regular

1) What's a Lorman?

2) Is there a fee to attend?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:27 am 
1911 tainted

Andrew Rothman wrote:
1) What's a Lorman?

2) Is there a fee to attend?

Or can we just sit in the back of the room and keep our mouth shut and just observe?????????

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:49 am 
Forum Moderator

Lorman ( http://lorman.com/ ) is a provider of Continuing Ed programs around the country. I am not at all sure what I have gotten into here.

Both David and Joel have done this before, but it is new to me. I was contacted initially by Lorman reps I suspect solely because of my proximity to Fargo. I was asked if I were interested in participating in a seminar and also if I could recommend some people.

Well, my mama did not raise an idiot, and I recommended Joel and David. I also said that I would "help", but really did not feel competent to be a presenter (the lack of credible long term cachet). All of a sudden I am on the program. I am depending on Joel and David to hold my hand!

Contact us to schedule a class for you and your friends, and check our website for more information http://shootingsafely.com

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.