Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:04 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 INRANGE - New Gunshop and Range in Monticello 
 Post subject: INRANGE - New Gunshop and Range in Monticello
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:44 am 

INRANGE is Shea Pedersen's brand new 4 bay indoor shooting range and firearms retailer in Monticello, MN. Some fixtures were late in arriving and as quickly as they are installed, Shea will open for business. He expects to complete final installs very shortly and more information like directions and phone numbers will be available as soon as the shop is ready for the public.

The state of the art range features a laser Prism shooting system, handgun rentals and hundreds of firearms at competitive prices. Shea has substantial experience in on line firearm sales and plans to build his already large inventory substantially over time as demand dictates.

INRANGE also has a very nice training facility that comfortably seats up to 25. This facility is available to rent to qualified instructors and organizations. Fees depend on range use, number of students, etc.

My training partner Jon Thompson and I are pleased to have been selected as Shea's offical range trainers and will offer the full range of NRA and handgun training together and with our training partners who are active LEO or have other specialized expertise.

Look for some innovation from Shea! Want to try multiple guns from the rental case to decide if you want the gun in 9mm, 40 or 45GAP or 45ACP? Shea has a special price and, while you must buy his ammo, he'll sell you 10 rounds of each, rather than require you to buy a box of each at range prices.

More information as quickly as soon as the range is open!

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor -PPITH, PPOTH & RTBAV
BCA Certified Training Organization under PPA
Minnesota Permit to Carry Instructor
Utah Certified CFP Instructor
NRA CRSO, IDPA CSO

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:21 pm 

As a fellow Wright County shooter, I look forward to an indoor range that doesn't cost me $30.00 in gas money to visit! Do they have a website yet?

Post subject: Website for the New Range
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:36 pm 

motoman wrote:
As a fellow Wright County shooter, I look forward to an indoor range that doesn't cost me $30.00 in gas money to visit! Do they have a website yet?

I'm not sure if it is being built or just just planned at this point. I'd be surprised if there was not one, since he had previously sold on-line.

NRA CRSO, IDPA CSO

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:29 pm 

What's the latest on this? If it's open, does anyone have the address/hours? Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:32 pm 
Longtime Regular

Hmmm, google revealed: http://www.inrangellc.com/. The website's not quite ready yet.

Post subject: INRANGE has experienced some minor delays in opening
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:44 pm 

I just spoke with Shea, INRANGE's owner. There were some extended delays in geting the display cases on site and installed. There were also some minor electrical issues that had to be resolved and then inspected.

Bottom line is the range should be open to the public sometime next week. I'll provide all the details on directions, prices, hours, etc at that time. We are running a carry class there on Thursday (advertised elsewhere on the forum) as part of the informal shakedown of the range.

The last issue is to finish stocking the inventory, getting the real website up and the bank to get its POS terminals working correctly. It's been a long road, but Shea is holding off opening to the public until he can be sure everyone will have a good first experience with the range and store.

NRA CRSO, IDPA CSO

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:18 pm 

Sounds great. I'm really looking forward to checking it out. It will be very handy to have something that close.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:26 am 

Any news?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:47 am 
Longtime Regular

motoman wrote:
Yep, they do. Oh, wait, that's actually a page on Bob's website, but it's got good info. inrangellc.com is still pretty much a placeholder as Ree said. (Hey Bob, tell them the spelling word of the day is "ventilation".)

P.S. When I did my Google search I saw, among other things, "CNT to Acquire Inrange for $190 Million". Way to go Shea! ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:56 am 
Longtime Regular

I just saw a sign that stated the were open!

In Monticello if one was heading towards Buffalo on Hwy. 25 - turn left (can't turn right on it) on to the street just before the light at the intersection by Walmart. Sorry, I tried to find the steet name on Google.com, but the map is no where near accurate to the roads.

Not sure where it is from there, but you are close when you drive by Marties farm service store. Marties is on Dundas Road.

Mostly-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:12 pm 
Longtime Regular

mostlylawabidingcitizen wrote:

In Monticello if one was heading towards Buffalo on Hwy. 25 - turn left (can't turn right on it) on to the street just before the light at the intersection by Walmart. Sorry, I tried to find the steet name on Google.com, but the map is no where near accurate to the roads.

Not sure where it is from there, but you are close when you drive by Marties farm service store. Marties is on Dundas Road.

Mostly-
I'm guessing it's right here. Google Maps put the address (210 Dundas Road) down the street a ways, but in their aerial photography, that just looks like a building with 4 shooting bays in it to me, so I put my marker in that parking lot. Anybody who actually knows, let me know!

Post subject: INRANGE is Definitely Open - 10 to 10 7 days a week
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:34 pm 

I know I had written about this earlier but some fixtures , electrical and signage issues kept Shea from fully opening until earlier this week. He is still waiting on a license transfer to move in more inventory , but is now open 10 to 10 seven days a week. There is the sign on State 25 and another on the road in front at the range itself, about a half mile down on the right on Dundas.

Jon and I did a carry class there and the classroom comfortably seats 25 folks. Shea is happy to rent this to other instructors, talk with him at 763 295-4072, while we sure didn't have all the seats filled, it worked out pretty well.

See Details on INRANGE LLC http://rejfirearmstraining.com/INRANGE.htm

Shea's own website is www.inrangellc.com and still being developed

My apologies, Thought I'd posted this here earlier!

Pat Cannon wrote:
mostlylawabidingcitizen wrote:

Mostly-
I'm guessing it's right here. Google Maps put the address (210 Dundas Road) down the street a ways, but in their aerial photography, that just looks like a building with 4 shooting bays in it to me, so I put my marker in that parking lot. Anybody who actually knows, let me know!

NRA CRSO, IDPA CSO

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Just stoppd in!
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:54 pm 

Just passed by INRANGE and had to stop and take a peak. Nice place and nice folks working. The ranges are kinda neat, two sets of double lanes. One set has a video target system that plays differnt senerios and you actaully shot through a self healing screen, Way cool.

The folks look like their still getting everything setup but the range is open and they were very nice to show us everything.

Us folks on the west side really need to send them some business so we have them as a option long term. Nothing against the other ranges but man it sure is nice not having to drive an hour to shoot.

I think we could arrange a TCC outing ther one day, anyone up for it?

Post subject: Re: Just stoppd in!
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:47 pm 
Longtime Regular

mmcnx2 wrote:
Excellent idea!

Post subject: Re: Just stoppd in!
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:13 pm 
Longtime Regular

mmcnx2 wrote:
Us folks on the west side really need to send them some business so we have them as a option long term. Nothing against the other ranges but man it sure is nice not having to drive an hour to shoot.

That sounds like and excellent plan, I'm in Delano, so I know what you mean. I hate having to drive into and through town to go to Bill's.

There is a range here in Delano too, but it's outdoors and this time of year, that sucks... I'm pretty sure that they don't allow humanoid targets for SD practice though, I'll have to investigate.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.