Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:39 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 INRANGE - New Gunshop and Range in Monticello 
 Post subject: Shot in the simulator!
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:50 pm 

Well just got back from INRANGE! Took my 75 year old dad, whose visiting from out of state, up there to shoot in the simulator and we had a blast. The machine plays the video with sound, you shoot and then they play it back so you can see yourself and the shot placement. Very, very cool and alot of fun.

We definitly need to make this a TCC outing, 4-8 guys could rent this for 2-3 hours and have a great time and it is excellent training.

The owner and his wife were working and they are nice people, visited with them awhile and they are looking to start some sort of league. Anyone interested in meeting up there in 2-3 weeks, Sat or Sun, am or pm. Lets set a date up here for an outing. He does take reservations which is also very helpful. There is a great mexican joint for lunch, or a china buffet about 3 blocks away.

Post subject: Jan 4 or 5 outing
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:36 pm 

Anybody up for a trip to inrange sat or sun?

Post subject: A LESS THAN STELLAR REPORT
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:53 am 
Longtime Regular

I have one less than stellar report to offer. My son-in-law who lives in Monticello visited them. Here is his experience in his words, “I tried to stop in last Saturday. I walked in the place and the "owner" was leaning against the counter talking about AR bolt carriers with some dude. We were the only 3 people in the place that were not shooting on the range. I stood there for about 5 minutes and the "owner" never even made eye contact with me. He just kept yapping about the carriers with his buddy. He never asked me if he could help me, he never said that he would be with me in a minute, nothing. So I walked out.”

I would say he has to work on his customer service a bit. First impressions are lasting.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: A LESS THAN STELLAR REPORT
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:40 pm 

havegunjoe wrote:
I have one less than stellar report to offer. My son-in-law who lives in Monticello visited them. Here is his experience in his words, “I tried to stop in last Saturday. I walked in the place and the "owner" was leaning against the counter talking about AR bolt carriers with some dude. We were the only 3 people in the place that were not shooting on the range. I stood there for about 5 minutes and the "owner" never even made eye contact with me. He just kept yapping about the carriers with his buddy. He never asked me if he could help me, he never said that he would be with me in a minute, nothing. So I walked out.”

I would say he has to work on his customer service a bit. First impressions are lasting.

I have not been to the Inrange yet, but it seems their is a general lack of customer service at most gun stores (not big box stores like Sportsmans Warehouse).

On a side note, what are the range fee's for Inrange?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:01 pm 
Longtime Regular

motoman wrote:
I have not been to the Inrange yet, but it seems their is a general lack of customer service at most gun stores (not big box stores like Sportsmans Warehouse).

That's why I like Frontiersman. I have never been ignore, pressured, or ridiculed, in any way. They always act happy to let me handle as much as I want when I go in there, even if I don't buy anything. Then again, I'm not sure if I've ever gone in there without buying anything.

--------------------
Next MN carry permit class: TBD.

Permit to Carry MN
--------------------

jason <at> metrodefense <dot> com

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:21 pm 
Longtime Regular

princewally wrote:
Then again, I'm not sure if I've ever gone in there without buying anything.

I've only gone in there twice and not bought something. Frontiersman will always get business from me.

Post subject: Fees
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:33 pm 

I believe they get $15 an hour, however when I was there they did not hold me to the hour. I paid my $15 and shot for about 1 1/2. They say they really only inforce the hour if there are people waiting.

Post subject: Re: Fees
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:44 pm 
Longtime Regular

mmcnx2 wrote:
I believe they get $15 an hour, however when I was there they did not hold me to the hour. I paid my $15 and shot for about 1 1/2. They say they really only inforce the hour if there are people waiting.

I was told that they are $25/hr. which seems kind of high to me. I wonder why the difference in price.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Rtae is 15 an hour.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:26 pm 

However they do charge another 10 for a second shooter on the same lane. They are competitive with the other 'local' ranges. But a jeck of a lot closer for us guys out west. Gas alone makes it worth going there.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:49 pm 
The Man

mnglocker wrote:
princewally wrote:
Then again, I'm not sure if I've ever gone in there without buying anything.

I've only gone in there twice and not bought something. Frontiersman will always get business from me.
Good store; good, knowledgeable folks with a good stock of guns and supplies. Holsters? Not so much; there's no shop with a decent stock of holsters, Bill's has the least inadequate, although J&S is probably close. (Streicher's is probably best for holsters, if and only if you're looking for leather for something that a lot of local cops carry.)

I think the best stock of carry guns is probably at GunStop, although Frontiersman is pretty good. (I'm excluding Bill's, as I've found their prices to be 'way high. J&S is probably about the same, although their level of knowledge and service is uniformly high, while Bill's can be as good, but isn't always.)

My own experience is that I get good service at J&S, Frontiersman, GunStop and Streicher's.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.