Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:27 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Sherburne County Sheriff's Office Range time for the Public 
 Post subject: Sherburne County Sheriff's Office Range time for the Public
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:30 pm 
Longtime Regular

Saturdays 0900-1600
Feb 11th & 18th
March 11th & 18th
April 8th & 15th
May 13th & 20th

As I was trying to stay within the law and getting my address changed on my Permit, I had the oportunity to peruse the Sherburne County range. Nice range, very similar to Bill's North, but lots more stalls to shoot from. Their prices seem a touch high, $15 per hour (for one person) & $8 for an additional person per hour. They require a valid Permit to Purchase (???) or Permit to Carry. In addition, they state that all weapons must be cased upon entering (???). They do require a photo ID, too. It is asked that one brings the exact change or a personal check. It's located at the Firearms & Training Center, way in the back of the Govt Center.

"...quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." [...a sword never kills anybody; it's a tool in the killer's hand.] -- (Lucius Annaeus) Seneca "the Younger" (ca. 4 BC-65 AD),

The Nanny State MUST DIE!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:35 pm 
Longtime Regular

Well, time finally allowed me to get to the Sherburne County range. I liked it. The Sheriff's office people were very friendly and almost too helpful. The $15/ hr wasn't too strictly enforced. I suppose if someone stayed there half a day or so to shoot, they might want more $$. The lanes were in top notch shape. The only complaint I really had was the quite often "cease fire" being called. Every time someone enters or leaves the range, the door must be opened. That exposes a hallway to a potential safety hazard. Maybe another doorway, just in case, would solve that problem. Will they do it?? I don't know, but I will bring it up to them. Plenty of table space to stow your gear, which was nice. They supplied 8x11 targets and the cardboard backer. I will probably bring my own targets down the road, if they allow that. I didn't check. The target holders were awesome. No defects. It makes life a bit easier and less complicated for all if one has their eye & ear protection donned before entering the range. They DO require a Permit to Purchase or Carry. I inquired as to why and was politely told that it is was because of the proximity to the jail and all the background checks had been performed with the posession of either one. OK, I may not like that as it discriminates as to WHO can use the range, but Permits to Purchase ARE free and only takes a week. Correct change is appreciated there. They do have some on hand, but it's pretty minimal. All in all, a very pleasant shooting experience. I plan on going back when it is open to the public again. I would like to see it open to the public a little more often, maybe on week nights.

"...quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." [...a sword never kills anybody; it's a tool in the killer's hand.] -- (Lucius Annaeus) Seneca "the Younger" (ca. 4 BC-65 AD),

The Nanny State MUST DIE!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:58 am 
Designated waste of protoplasm

I know the people that run training up there - VERY GOOD FOLKS...

I put on a seminar up there for them about 6 months ago - very nice facility.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.