Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:45 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Welcome aboard 
 Post subject: Welcome aboard
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:15 pm 
The Man

You're in the right place; welcome to the Twin Cities Carry Forum.

It's an online forum, dedicated to discussing issues -- legal, technical, political, and personal -- around the carrying of handguns for self-defense, and particularly in the state of Minnesota.

Beginning of ad:

It's sponsored by Joel Rosenberg (that would be me) and the Twin Cities Carry Course that I teach. For more about TCCarry, see the other website, or the TCCarry home page.

While my class schedule is usually echoed here, the best place to see the latest one is on the courses page.

As of February 2006, taking the TCCarry course allows you not only to get your Minnesota carry permit, but your Utah and Florida ones, and several others, allowing you to carry your handing in as many as 35 states... which is, at the moment, the largest number possible.

End of ad.

The Forum is owned and operated by me, with a lot of assistance by several moderators and administrators. We encourage lively discussion here, on matters of both fact and opinion, but strongly discourage personal attacks.

You can browse some of the Forum without registering, but if you want to participate beyond that, you will have to register -- it doesn't cost anything, but does require that you have an email address for activation.

There are areas that won't be available to you without registering, for a variety of reasons. There are also private areas open only to specific categories of people -- administrators and moderators, instructors, activists involved in various things, etc.

Feel free to participate anonymously, if you think you must -- we have at least several law enforcement officers, past and present, who feel that it would be indiscreet to be too public -- but I'd strongly encourage you to use your own name, if possible. The only coin you get paid in for participating -- the only coin anyone gets paid in for participating -- are fun and credibility, and if you don't use a name that's associated with you in other places, you can't earn that credibility.

Because of repeated abuse by spammers, we've had to ban registration from some of the usual sources of "throwaway" email addresses, like hotmail and yahoomail. If you don't have any other sort of email address, feel free to email me and I'll consider making an exception.

Leap in -- and don't be shy. One of my principles (both here and in my carry classes) is that there are no stupid questions, only stupid answers.

Welcome aboard.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.