Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 8:24 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Carry your gun(s). 
 Post subject: Carry your gun(s).
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:54 am 
Longtime Regular

I'm still hyped up on adrenalin. I'll post more in the morning.

I'll leave you guys with this; I'm fine, no one was hurt. No shots were fired; no direct threat of force was required. The Minnetonka PD deserves a big pat on the back for a job well done.

And for the love of God was I glad I was carrying tonight. (As if I ever leave home with out one) ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:37 am 
Journeyman Member

Tease :p

Glad you're ok and nothing bad happened.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:29 am 

Dude... seriously... not cool... now im gonna be at work refreshing this page all morning waiting to see what happened.

not cool... :bang: :lol:

MNbasecamp.com - Minnesota Outdoors Community

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:00 am 

:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:09 am 
Longtime Regular

Incakola wrote:
Dude... seriously... not cool... now im gonna be at work refreshing this page all morning waiting to see what happened.

not cool... :bang: :lol:

+1

--------------------
Next MN carry permit class: TBD.

Permit to Carry MN
--------------------

jason <at> metrodefense <dot> com

Post subject: Re: Carry your gun(s).
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:09 am 

mnglocker wrote:

I'll leave you guys with this; I'm fine, no one was hurt. No shots were fired; no direct threat of force was required. The Minnetonka PD deserves a big pat on the back for a job well done.

And for the love of God was I glad I was carrying tonight. (As if I ever leave home with out one) ;)

I dont know what happened but remember, Dont say anything that may come back later to haunt you.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:55 am 
Longtime Regular

Rem700 wrote:
mnglocker wrote:

I dont know what happened but remember, Dont say anything that may come back later to haunt you.

I got that down to a tee. 8) Thanks to TCC and hearing it said often. Besides, nothing other than me being a good wittness happened very early this morning. :D

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:57 am 
Longtime Regular

mnglocker wrote:

Edit to add: This all went down starting at 12:41am this morning.

Something along the lines of "on the way back form dropping the GF off and swung through my Dad's office park as I do randomly if I go by at night to make sure it's all A-Okay. (Due to the rash of burglaries in his business park the last year)

Well, I came across what looked to me like a B&E in progress by scrappers, at one of the buildings. Had one BG approach me with a 36" pry-bar while I was in my truck. I told him to stop, he didn't listen. I told him again in more of a less friendly drill sergeant yell. He still didn't stop. When he was about 20' away my "new used" Pup (70+lbs so far) Lab told him to stop. He stopped, mumbled some crap about permission while I had without even thinking drawn my G22 to low ready out of his sight, all this going on while talking to 911 dispatch.

I ordered him to put the pry-bar down and slowly walk to his truck hands out and stay in there. I reinforced what I said by telling him to again get in the ****ing truck and don't ****ing move.

At this point I really had the attention of the nice lady at Dispatch. I told her what I believed was going on, what I was driving, what kind of vehicle the known perp was in and that there may be more in the building. She asked me to keep my dog in the car, which I completely agreed with.

In less than 1 minute 4 Minnetonka Squads w/k9 came in no-lights/stealth. Got things on my end sorted out; such as who I was and what I was doing there. The officer asked if I wanted to check our building again. I told him yes, I'd like to tug the doors, and that to eliminate any surprises, that I was a permit holder and I had my side-arm on me; so please don't shoot me if you see any bumps or something black on my hip. Our building was good to go/a-okay.

I stopped on the way out, thanked the officers for the quick response, told them our building was good and to have a good night. Then I stopped for a cup of coffee to settle my nerves and drove home. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Last edited by mnglocker on Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:16 am 

So who were the guys and what were they doing? I mean, did the cops ever tell you what they were up to?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:20 am 
Longtime Regular

jhp wrote:
So who were the guys and what were they doing? I mean, did the cops ever tell you what they were up to?

I'll find out later today.

From what I could tell, it looked like they had forced entry and were scrapping the place out. They had no lights on and it was 1am in a business park that has been plagued with burglaries over the last year.

Last edited by mnglocker on Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:34 am 

A HIGH FIVE to mnglocker on this one... Glad your safe!
CraigJS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:06 am 
Longtime Regular

GOOD Job man!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:16 am 
Longtime Regular

jhp wrote:

I just got off the phone with the Minnetonka PD, all that the front desk knew so far was that two of the perps were arrested on warrants. She said that, "that patrol will be back after 6pm tonight, so if you'd like to call and ask Officer Scott ******, he may be able to give you more information". I asked her to thank the responding officers for such a speedy response last night and to let the Chief know that his men couldn't have performed better last night. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:32 am 

Cool, I was just curious.

Good job either way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:18 pm 
Activist Extraordinaire

If you're so inclined, a written letter to the chief will be copied into the officers' personnel files, and would probably be much appreciated by them.

Bravo on a job well done, and for keeping a cool head.

"Some Things Are Worth Fighting For"
Judas Priest

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.