Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:50 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Review: Longtail T by Duluth Trading Co. 
 Post subject: Review: Longtail T by Duluth Trading Co.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:22 pm 
Longtime Regular

I'm 6'5" tall. I've learned to live with the average t-shirt that isn't quite long enough for me, but since I've started carrying, I've found I have very few tshirts that offer the concealment I want. They just ride up too easily.

I found a solution. Duluth Trading offers several shirts in a "Longtail" configuration. (enter "Longtail" in the search field on their website) which give you 3 more inches of length in the shirt tail. Mens or womens, short sleeve, long sleeve or sleeveless, even in a "performance" fabric that dries quickly.

I ordered 2 regular longtail tshirts and 2 performance longtail tshirts.

The regular shirts are a nice heavyweight tshirt and a bit softer than the usual tshirt material. The 3 extra inches on the tail was really nice to have.

The performance tshirts I ordered had a problem. One of them was mislabeled as an XL, but was clearly just a large. The other one fit great and when I tested it outside while building my retaining wall last weekend, I found it to be a lot cooler than a regular tshirt and it dried faster, and was more comfortable than sweating in a regular T.

I called Duluth Trading company up, hoping I wouldn't have to pay for return shipping to get the correctly sized shirt. Not only did I not have to pay shipping, I didn't even have to send the shirt back. they just sent me a new shirt and it get here in just a couple days.

I highly recommend these tshirts, particularly the performance Tshirt if you're going to be sweating. I'll be ordering a couple more before hunting season.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:25 pm 
Longtime Regular

I love mine. I have the long tail no polos too. They also have a Tom's long tail T with no pocket.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:11 pm 
Longtime Regular

Never had a problem with clothing from the Duluth Trading Co. 8)

Based on what I've heard through other friends that buy from them and have had minor problems, I doubt that I would.

Two thumbs up in my book. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:20 pm 
On time out

if your the reasonable in shape guy, the firehose pants they sell are terrific, my brother has some and he loves them even more than his standard Carhartts, and that s a big deal for him.... For someone on the more substantial build, that is, someone who affects gravity in other time zones like me, the cut is wrong, but if your more the 32/ 34 /36 waist jeans versus the 40 42 size, they re great...

The long tail polo's are a definite help in preventing cracks,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:37 pm 
Longtime Regular

I've only ordered shirts from them. Carharrt pants seem to fit my big a** the best. :wink:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.